Recall relay for grid heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
The 13A: Grid Heater Relay was released on the 2022 model year mid last week. Expect a notification letter being sent out soon to you on this.

William
Ram Cares
Ram should more carefully think about the wording they use on notification letters. I just got the post card regarding the transmission dipstick. The card said the replacement was available "now," and that I should call the dealer to make an appointment. When I did that, the service writer I work with got annoyed with me and told me that they had no parts and it wasn't possible to make an appointment. That puts the dealer in the middle, makes them angry, and I ended up apologizing to the service writer since I was misinformed due to the post card. That doesn't make anyone happy.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
My postcard only said to call the dealer and schedule it. Made no mention that parts were at the dealership.
I was at a dealer today getting my tailgate latch adjusted and the writer asked if I wanted to schedule the dipstick repair. I said no thanks, not until you can get the long ones. He owns a 3500 with the Cummins, so he knew where I was coming from.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Ram should more carefully think about the wording they use on notification letters. I just got the post card regarding the transmission dipstick. The card said the replacement was available "now," and that I should call the dealer to make an appointment. When I did that, the service writer I work with got annoyed with me and told me that they had no parts and it wasn't possible to make an appointment. That puts the dealer in the middle, makes them angry, and I ended up apologizing to the service writer since I was misinformed due to the post card. That doesn't make anyone happy.

We appreciate that feedback and will note that down for any implementation changes moving forward.

William
Ram Cares

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Got the recall done today. Looks as if they just replaced a relay. I can assume they just replaced it with a larger capacity one?

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Gee, I wonder if this is another heater relay fires?

I'm still waiting for my recall fix.....

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Gee, I wonder if this is another heater relay fires?

I'm still waiting for my recall fix.....
What model year is your vehicle? The 2022 and 2023 model year has been released. The 2021 should be coming closer to the end of this month.

William
Ram Cares

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
What model year is your vehicle? The 2022 and 2023 model year has been released. The 2021 should be coming closer to the end of this month.

William
Ram Cares
Mine is a 2022. Supposedly, the part was supposed to be at the dealer this week. To date, they have not called. I plan to call them Monday.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Mine is a 2022. Supposedly, the part was supposed to be at the dealer this week. To date, they have not called. I plan to call them Monday.
Hello,

Have you heard back from your dealer? Should you need any further assistance, please send us a PM. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Hello,

Have you heard back from your dealer? Should you need any further assistance, please send us a PM. Thank you

William
Ram Cares
I called the dealer today and spoke to the parts department. The parts to fix my truck were supposed to be in last week. Now they say another week and a half.

I like my truck a lot, but I am sure disillusioned with Ram as a company. Four recalls in the space of a year, two of which are NOT fixed yet. One of the recalls I was never notified of, but I had to take it to the dealer to solve a transmission issue that apparently was under recall. I have never had that many recalls with ANY other vehicle I (or my wife) have owned, and I have owned quite a few in my life.

Jay P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I called the dealer today and spoke to the parts department. The parts to fix my truck were supposed to be in last week. Now they say another week and a half.

I like my truck a lot, but I am sure disillusioned with Ram as a company. Four recalls in the space of a year, two of which are NOT fixed yet. One of the recalls I was never notified of, but I had to take it to the dealer to solve a transmission issue that apparently was under recall. I have never had that many recalls with ANY other vehicle I (or my wife) have owned, and I have owned quite a few in my life.
And the slow pace of getting parts. When dealers are telling people that it will be 2024 before they get the parts something is wrong when both recalls involve a potential fire hazard. Ram/FCA/Stellantis needs to find new/better suppliers of the dip stick for the tranny and the grid heater relay. I don't see any other manufacturer taking years to get parts for a recall (air bag inflators is an exception).

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

We appreciate your feedback on this, we do apologize for the experience and inconvenience that this may have caused you. Our team is doing everything to get this issue resolved for all affected customers. We do appreciate your patience and cooperation on this. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please send us a PM. Thank you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
And the slow pace of getting parts. When dealers are telling people that it will be 2024 before they get the parts something is wrong when both recalls involve a potential fire hazard. Ram/FCA/Stellantis needs to find new/better suppliers of the dip stick for the tranny and the grid heater relay. I don't see any other manufacturer taking years to get parts for a recall (air bag inflators is an exception).

Please know our team is on your side and wants to support you to the best of our ability. I’m happy to share your feedback with the appropriate teams regarding how we evaluate these types of concerns in the future.

William
Ram Cares

jacob302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What exactly has been changed internally in the relay ? The old and new look almost the same to me. Does any one know how the design is different ?
Here are photos of the grid relay, the location of power cable on the battery and a photo of the new grid relay showing part number: Relay - Mopar (68606435AB)