Recall relay for grid heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
AGAIN....Here's an idea RAM...How about you fix the grid heater itself so the engine stops sucking broken bolts into cylinder #6? Wouldn't that be a novel idea.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
That's the 3rd one regarding the grid heaters.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's just a continuation of the one that came out for the early gen 4.5 trucks. Unfortunately it is not related to the older trucks melting the bolt off and damaging the engine.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
That's the 3rd one regarding the grid heaters.
I had the arssclowns at Ferman do the last recall...tested the relay and said all is well. Mine has an "A" part number...I thought they were going to replace it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello everyone,

We will be sending out more information to everyone that is affected by this recall once the part becomes available. Thank you all for your patience.

William
Ram Cares

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I had the arssclowns at Ferman do the last recall...tested the relay and said all is well. Mine has an "A" part number...I thought they were going to replace it.
I had Ferman in New Port Richey do mine and they were fine.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Good night, yet another recall dealing with a electrical connection that might cause it to burst into flames. Is this truck an EV, and no one told me? Owned it less than a year and up to recall #4 already.

Last edited:

Roadrunner22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Unfortunately these things are spontaneously combusting all over. This was my '14 beginning of Feb., was parked for 3 days and not plugged in. Seen a couple reports from others since do the same, 2015 and 2016 and destroyed garages. I just replaced it with a '21 GMC AT4. Park outside!

Attachments

• 20230205_155808_HDR.jpg
    20230205_155808_HDR.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230205_073605.jpg
    20230205_073605.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 25

Heidibear70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
So we are waiting for the Repair to be recorded in the “System” for our NEW 2022 3500 Cummins 6.7 HO Truck keep in mind the repair is complete… so I write Customer care and ask when it will be able to be entered so we can buy the truck. Their response was “There is no fix for the 2022s yet”
Seriously how dumb do they believe people are? The recall was for 2021-23 HD Diesel for the relay that was used across those model years… so I am expected to believe there are what different relays and separate fixes for the 2022 model I am disappointed in this obvious misinformation I would have respected a honest answer ie; we have enough relays in our first order for parts so each year will be rolled into recall as parts become available and it was more lucrative for us to start with the 2023s at least I could respect the honesty and not be irked by the insult of basic intelligence.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I just received my official letter on this recall, and states that the parts are not yet available for the fix. This will recall #5 for my 22.

There was a coupon included with the recall letter, for a free SRT hellcat loaner till the fix is actually available. NOT!

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
So we are waiting for the Repair to be recorded in the “System” for our NEW 2022 3500 Cummins 6.7 HO Truck keep in mind the repair is complete… so I write Customer care and ask when it will be able to be entered so we can buy the truck. Their response was “There is no fix for the 2022s yet”
Seriously how dumb do they believe people are? The recall was for 2021-23 HD Diesel for the relay that was used across those model years… so I am expected to believe there are what different relays and separate fixes for the 2022 model I am disappointed in this obvious misinformation I would have respected a honest answer ie; we have enough relays in our first order for parts so each year will be rolled into recall as parts become available and it was more lucrative for us to start with the 2023s at least I could respect the honesty and not be irked by the insult of basic intelligence.
Have read a lot of post in other forms, they all say the same thing, dealers are saying including my servicing dealer, at this time no parts are available to fix the grid heater relay, no eta on when parts will be available.....

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I just got my letter today, and guess what......wait for it.....parts are still NOT AVAILABLE.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just got my letter today, and guess what......wait for it.....parts are still NOT AVAILABLE.
Same. I'm not worried about it though. I'll wait until the parts are available and then get all 3 recalls done on my 22 2500.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I just got the recall for this item today. In addition to saying you shouldn't park indoors, they also caution owners that they should not park near any other vehicles. I am wondering exactly where I should park when I go to Costco, or when I go to the sheriff's office when I am on duty?????

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I just got the recall for this item today. In addition to saying you shouldn't park indoors, they also caution owners that they should not park near any other vehicles. I am wondering exactly where I should park when I go to Costco, or when I go to the sheriff's office when I am on duty?????
Next to someone you don't like? LOL I agree that's a pretty ridiculous thing for Ram to say.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Next to someone you don't like? LOL I agree that's a pretty ridiculous thing for Ram to say.
I bought this vehicle to hunt up in the national forest here in Utah. So I guess this means I can't go hunting since I might start a forest fire. And what do I do if I go somewhere like Costco and park at the far end of the lot and someone chooses to park next to me and the truck catches fire and destroys their vehicle, too? RAM has really put owners in a bad place.

I just spoke to the dealer and they tell me they get one replacement relay a week and only 2023 vehicles are getting serviced first.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Its called cover there @ss and if your really worried about it disconnect the power to the relay...
That's not something I know how to do. And, I suspect if I had that done and anything bad occurred to the vehicle, I am sure any warranty claim would be denied.