Recommended tonneau for long bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
04 1500 SLT Quad Cab long bed

Im looking for a tonneau. Most likely folding hard version. Any sage advice from those who have already gone down this path? Brands and vendors you like/disliked? Any concerns with long bed versions of tonneau?

Thanks!

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I've got a soft folding cover on mine. Rugged Liner, three fold. So easy to put on. Just lay it up there and clamp it down. No assembly was required. I love it. Looks great and stupid easy to use.

I just checked Amazon because I couldn't remember the brand. It's gone up over 100 bucks in a year and a half. 33%. It was a good deal at $302. I'd probably keep shopping at $409. It's really nice, but I'm not sure it's 400 nice. I'm glad I bought when it was 300 nice.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
No regrets so far. Dirty but here you go.

I like the look of the hard covers but I wanted something easy to remove by just me when necessary. It has no problem supporting the occasional sun bathing cat or 6 inches of snow. and if it stretches, the first time it's sunny it tightens right back up.

On my truck I think a hard cover would look out of place, but that's just me.

20220626_105137.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DarthHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ty

looks awesome on your ride, exactly what I was looking for.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
let us know if we can help. We offer lots of brands. We recommend options from BAK like the MX4. Its a quality hard folding bed cover. Message me if you would like a quote on anything.