Redline Trans & Diff Fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Not a bad idea on removing the crushed y-pipe. You think a shop can make one from scratch or should I order one?

I think Magnaflow builds a merge pipe one fairly cheap,it's probably cheaper to buy one then build a merge pipe,then the shop just needs to tweak the pipes to fit the new merge.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Truck has 35k miles total. 2 Drain and fills performed so far, at 30k mi then another at 35k mi.

You can change the oil as many times as you want, I'm just saying the color has to do with the dye's, you can mix two brand new fluids green and red and you will get brown. I'm not judging, I'm doing the same thing trying to get toyota ws transmision fluid red, and I'm on my third flush and it still isn't red. It's getting there, but the % of each flush that is black is effecting the color but the fluid smells new at this point. Just keep it in mind, at some point you will be tossing out moeny just trying to get to red, nothing WE can do about it unless we do a line flush = bad idea. Good luck, burla

Rampad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can change the oil as many times as you want, I'm just saying the color has to do with the dye's, you can mix two brand new fluids green and red and you will get brown. I'm not judging, I'm doing the same thing trying to get toyota ws transmision fluid red, and I'm on my third flush and it still isn't red. It's getting there, but the % of each flush that is black is effecting the color but the fluid smells new at this point. Just keep it in mind, at some point you will be tossing out moeny just trying to get to red, nothing WE can do about it unless we do a line flush = bad idea.

I've flushed ws fluid from my Toyota before. That came out really clean looking at 60k miles.
When I first drained the 8 speed I wasn't expecting it to be so dark. When I saw it just as dark again, I didn't account for the dye affecting the appearance of the fluid. It did smell like fresh atf fluid, though.

OP
OP
16RamHemi

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
I think Magnaflow builds a merge pipe one fairly cheap,it's probably cheaper to buy one then build a merge pipe,then the shop just needs to tweak the pipes to fit the new merge.

is it possible to move the exhaust away from the drain plug too?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
is it possible to move the exhaust away from the drain plug too?

Any decent muffler shop should be able to tweak the cross-over pipe away from the drain plug for you,especially if they're already tweaking the pipes to fit the Maggy merge pipe