Rear diff fluid Picture

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Amsoil adds friction modifier to all their gear oils.

I asked them because I have the AAM all gear torsen differential that doesn't need it, and it delays lockup.

If you got limited slip clutch discs differential, you shouldn't need extra additive.

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Amsoil adds friction modifier to all their gear oils.

I asked them because I have the AAM all gear torsen differential that doesn't need it, and it delays lockup.

If you got limited slip clutch discs differential, you shouldn't need extra additive.
Ok thanks, I was wondering if I need that , this will be my first time changing the fluid on this truck and was concerned about chatter in the rear-end .

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
61y6G6KEF9L.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

You only add friction modifier if you get shudder no matter what, so change oil and see if you get shudder, then and only then add. Too much is as bad as too little.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Ok thanks, I was wondering if I need that , this will be my first time changing the fluid on this truck and was concerned about chatter in the rear-end .

Call or write Amsoil. They'll share their experiences with you if they've seen a particular LS axle that needs additional additive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517