Regear help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I calculated factory gearing VS factory tires then aftermarket gearing to aftermarket for the closest final drive ratio to be closest to stock. Transmission was not a factor as we can't change the gears in it. As it sits with the tire/axle ratio it's almost as close to factory as you can get. I didn't bother figuring out the tranny ratios. Lol

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Actually he'd be closer to 4.00:1 with 37's if comparing them to an original sized 33" tire. 37's are roughly 12% taller,so 0.88 X 4.56 = roughly 4.00:1.He should notice a fair bit of differance on the highway as his high gear cruise rpm should increase by just a smidge over 11%.Should hold high gear a little better on the hills for him,but that's also not factoring in the tire weight or rolling resistance differances between the wider and heavier tires,lol.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah we calculate 4:06 final ratio

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Actually he'd be closer to 4.00:1 with 37's if comparing them to an original sized 33" tire. 37's are roughly 12% taller,so 0.88 X 4.56 = roughly 4.00:1.He should notice a fair bit of differance on the highway as his high gear cruise rpm should increase by just a smidge over 11%.Should hold high gear a little better on the hills for him,but that's also not factoring in the tire weight or rolling resistance differances between the wider and heavier tires,lol.
I'd say that's pretty good considering the ratios before. [emoji23] It'll feel like it was new on 33s with those gears in her. That driveshaft is just a hummin at like like 140,000 rpm lol but yea 4.06 with 37s and 4.29 with 35s if I remember correctly. I'm not quite slouching yet haha [emoji23]

Last edited:

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to add........ math was never my best subject and if I remember correctly, I was sitting in the cafeteria most often during math class. Not my brightest moments, nonetheless I graduated! lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just to add........ math was never my best subject and if I remember correctly, I was sitting in the cafeteria most often during math class. Not my brightest moments, nonetheless I graduated! lol

That's the only class i liked Lyle,well that and shop class,lol.In my younger days i could do math faster in my head then most people could do it on a calculator,but i'm a little out of practice now that i'm getting older,lol.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the only class i liked Lyle,well that and shop class,lol.In my younger days i could do math faster in my head then most people could do it on a calculator,but i'm a little out of practice now that i'm getting older,lol.
If we were in high school
Together, you might have been my best friend lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If we were in high school
Together, you might have been my best friend lol.

I was a bit of a nutbar in high school Lyle,the type that would ride a motocross bike up the hallways during lunch time on a dare,might have even been involved in a few other shenigans,lol. My last name damn near killed me in my younger days trying to live up to it,even had an old Judge tell me i didn't have to live up to the name when i was 18,then he threw my ass in crowbar hotel for 90 days,lol

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I was a bit of a nutbar in high school Lyle,the type that would ride a motocross bike up the hallways during lunch time on a dare,might have even been involved in a few other shenigans,lol. My last name damn near killed me in my younger days trying to live up to it,even had an old Judge tell me i didn't have to live up to the name when i was 18,then he threw my ass in crowbar hotel for 90 days,lol

At least you didn't have to wear an ankle braclet and gps your every move. :favorites37:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
At least you didn't have to wear an ankle braclet and gps your every move. :favorites37:

They hadn't invented the ankle bracelet or GPS when i was a kid,GM's Hei ignitions were just starting to come on line,lol. Dial back timing lights and vaccumn gauges plus your ears were the top tuning tools.If you had a dial back timing light you were the local tuning guru,lol.Speaking of that anybody want to buy a Mac Tools dial back timing light and vaccumn guage,lol