Regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sorry if asked before but has anyone regretted only going leveling vs 4" lift or going 4" vs 6" ect? This can be said the opposite way going from 6" to 4" or to just a leveling vs full lift.

I'd hate spending $X on something only to regret it and then have to move up or down.

I want to do something but can't afford it just yet so wondering if I just let me money ride until I can get the full job done instead of spending then saving until I can go full if that makes sense.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've only see people regret going too high. The issues always compound the higher you go. What ever you are going to do I suggest you save it do it right (or at least what you want) the first time.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't regret sticking with a 2"(ish) lift.. Goes everywhere I need it to go so I'm not missing any utility from a higher lift, fits inside the garage, modest tires cost less, get the EPA estimated fuel mileage easily if I try at all. Never feel like I should have gone higher.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went 6" and its been the best thing you can do to your truck!!! It looks absolutely amazing!!! Someone put on here "if you don't look back at your truck when you walk away, it's not the right truck for you" I literally look back at it 5-6 times walking away and say my truck is so ******* awesome!!!! I love it...

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No regrets whatsoever staying below 3” lift. I’m about 2.75 front 1.75 rear with a performance suspension system that does exactly what I need out of the truck. Nothing to cut and I can easily go back to stock if it was needed. Super reliable setup still on factory unmolested CV axels, tie rods and front lower control arms with 103k miles knocking on wood, I can still do 90 mph with one hand fully loaded :). Fits in most standard parking structures, family can easily get in/out, I can easily load/unload the bed and I have fitted/off-roaded 37’s in there hahaha, now back to 35’s… I wouldn't change a thing out of it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I'm at 7" and no regrets here ... I actually wan to higher ... but for me it works because it fits in my garage and I have 37s on it lol ...

But I would save money to do it right the first time ....don't go impulsive on yourself lol ...

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For guys with 4" + lifts is there ever a concern for parking garages drive thrus and stuff like that? I can deal without using my home garage but id hate to one day drive somewhere and not think about it and run into a problem lol...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
For guys with 4" + lifts is there ever a concern for parking garages drive thrus and stuff like that? I can deal without using my home garage but id hate to one day drive somewhere and not think about it and run into a problem lol...

Oh yeah lol ... I can't go into parking structures at the malls ...I am not able to fit in any around my area at all ... but I don't really mind because I like to park my truck away and as far away from everyone as possible .... but it never fails, I come out and there is one fawken idiot that decided to park right next to me and there is so much parking everywhere around me but no, he/she decides to park right next to me ...

Drive thrus are all fine here I can fit in every single one of them, most have a clearance of 9' around here so that is good ...

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah lol ... I can't go into parking structures at the malls ...I am not able to fit in any around my area at all ... but I don't really mind because I like to park my truck away and as far away from everyone as possible .... but it never fails, I come out and there is one fawken idiot that decided to park right next to me and there is so much parking everywhere around me but no, he/she decides to park right next to me ...

Drive thrus are all fine here I can fit in every single one of them, most have a clearance of 9' around here so that is good ...
Please tell me why that is lol....I always do and today I went to Home Depot and parked in the last spot and a work van parked right next to me so of course I wanted to smash the guys face in because you knew it was on purpose. I also have a Dodge Charger so when I went to the supermarket I parked in a Chase bank parking lot that closed down. Not one car parked in lot but when I came out there was a POS parked right next to me.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Please tell me why that is lol....I always do and today I went to Home Depot and parked in the last spot and a work van parked right next to me so of course I wanted to smash the guys face in because you knew it was on purpose. I also have a Dodge Charger so when I went to the supermarket I parked in a Chase bank parking lot that closed down. Not one car parked in lot but when I came out there was a POS parked right next to me.

Makes no sense lol ... and it's always that broke down piece of crap hahah ...

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Right, it never fails!!!! It doesn't matter if you parked in the back corner of the lot with 50 open spaces all around you. there will be someone right beside you...

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I cant fit into most automatic carwashes, I cant fit into parking garages, I cant fit long ways into most parking spots. I cant care less. :cool:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score

You're right, I always park far away in parking lots (Drives my wife nuts). There's 0 doubt the person parks next to you on purpose! I know who it is tho. Their first name is A$$ and their last name is HOLE! They get around fast because they are in every state!

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
i have a 4.5 lift and bigger tires, and I'm very happy with my lift. Sometimes I see a Ram on the road that has a higher lift, and I'm like damn I wish i would have gone higher. But then I see my 4 year old climbing into my truck and am like, man I'm glad I didn't go higher. But there's no regrets really. I'm glad I don't have to jack it up just to do an oil change anymore. And as much as it rains in Houston, and streets flood easily a lifted truck is good to have.

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the original post I love that I lifted my truck. I love the look of lifted trucks since I was young. I waited 5 years to get a quality lift so I saved up my money. At first I was going to level my truck but was talked out of it. Im glad I was. No regrets here

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I couldn't be happier with the Zone 6" kit @Quick_Shifter installed last month. Rides like a dream. I've had quite a few trucks in my years. Some lifted, some not. This particular rig rides the absolute best of any truck I've had and better than a lot of the cars I've had too.

My redneck Cadillac.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I couldn't be happier with the Zone 6" kit @Quick_Shifter installed last month. Rides like a dream. I've had quite a few trucks in my years. Some lifted, some not. This particular rig rides the absolute best of any truck I've had and better than a lot of the cars I've had too.

My redneck Cadillac.

@Quick_Shifter is the Man ! ....

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No regrets, stock on stock 18" tires, but everybody has different ideas and needs. If I was a lot younger and working in rugged area, be a whole different thought process.