Reman’d Jasper engine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I mean how do you expect anyone to take that statement seriously...
Testing.
I haven't done intense testing and not 100% scientific but did do a few full tank hand calculated tests and the difference was minimal. Why I say not 100% scientific is that I didn't follow the same route with the same air density, etc. But after a few tanks of fuel I saw no real difference

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats really bad gas mileage…look at my setup in my signature…I get 16.5-18mpg 50/50 city/hwy turning a 33.2” LT tire and I drive um…spirited…

OP
OP
G

Gerb15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jasper hemi 5.7
Jasper recommends an oil change at 500 miles, which is technically their recommended break-in period. I’m hoping the more miles I put on it the more mpg I’ll get.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mds never saves any gas actually I got less mileage before i shut it off 13-15 without mds is normal so if hes getting 9-10 thats a bit odd.
With MDS on both my RAMs I get 1-2 better mpg. Now on my Challenger R/T I get less mpg by about 2 or 3 mpg. Go figure!!

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't read all the replies here yet but I just had to stop and make this comment! I actually went back and read the original post again to make sure I read it correctly and sure enough I did. The post says that the old engine that was replaced had a miss on number 3 cylinder, all the replies are talking about the replacement engine missing and giving diagnosis on the problem. The post even says the new replacement engine runes great just doesn't get as good fuel mileage and not as peppy as he would like ! Wish you people would learn how to read before posting stupid stuff!

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I haven't read all the replies here yet but I just had to stop and make this comment! I actually went back and read the original post again to make sure I read it correctly and sure enough I did. The post says that the old engine that was replaced had a miss on number 3 cylinder, all the replies are talking about the replacement engine missing and giving diagnosis on the problem. The post even says the new replacement engine runes great just doesn't get as good fuel mileage and not as peppy as he would like ! Wish you people would learn how to read before posting stupid stuff!
Sometimes it pays to read all the posts. Folks in the thread (Burla) mentioned they misread the original post. ;)

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Jasper is a budget build, not a performance build. Also likely a one size fits all rebuild. Quite possible cam or heads or the other specs are different and you are down power.

OP
OP
G

Gerb15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jasper hemi 5.7
Update: I have now put 2,500 miles on the new remanufactured engine and it seems to be continually improving daily. I have somewhat better gas mileage, and it throttles a lot more than it initially did. I am pleased with the engine so far. Hauled it up a steep mountain and a long drive and it worked great. I am pleased with the outcome. Not to mention the price to replace the engine was a lot more affordable versus purchasing a new truck or a newer used truck. Plus, I have a 100,000 mile warranty on the engine still. At this rate, it will be warrantied for another 10 years.

Elvira

Reaction score
Update: I have now put 2,500 miles on the new remanufactured engine and it seems to be continually improving daily.
Good luck for you, glad to hear it is all working out with the new engine. You're right too, it was def cheaper going that route compared to buying new or newer. It can always be a dice roll with anything re-manufactured, but that doesn't say brand new wont fail also. Hope you get many good miles out of your truck.

BearlyFunctioning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The warranty you stated was 3 years OR 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. The warranty is up, doesn’t continue past three years even if you only have 100 miles on your new engine.