Remote keyless entry success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Wauters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keyless entry is possible if you have power locks abd a crew or quad cab with a WIN module.

I have a 2011 Ram ST. It did not come with remote keyless entry. After pouring through multiple forums ad posts6i decided it could done. I printed instructions (I'll post below) and took them to the dealer. The dealer had the truck for about 30 minutes. They cane to tell me it didn't work. The service person told me maybe my fobs were not the right ones. Or that the WIN module would have to be upgraded. They charged me $200 to load the sakes code and program 2 fobs. This didn't work and they still robbed me.

Then I installed a program on my phone called alfaodb. I started with the trial version. The software with a odb reader told me the fob buttons were6in fact working. I could also see that the body computer had keyless entry enabled. So the dealer did that much. The software even showed which button I last pressed. So I then knew the dealer was wrong.

I then purchased a odb link mx+ ($99 on Amazon) . It's a special odb interface that allows a dodge to be programmed with alfaodb. All I did then was to reset the WIN in the software. Guess what? I have working keyless entry. Resetting the WIN updates its configuration from the body computer after you enable RKE in the body computer by adding sakes code GXM. Adding the RKE can be done in alfaodb.

The dealer didn't follow the instructions as the reset WIN is listed. I went to the dealer immediately and they did refund my money.

Here are the instructions....

-add sales code GXM to vehicle options

-under diagnostic procedures with Wi-tech do a restore vehicle configuration

-the Wi-tech will then reset

-go into the WCM under misc. functions hit the reset WIN configuration

-clear all codes then program the new keys

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Under what settings do you do all this in AlfaOBD?

BOSTONDAN1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Attempting this myself just waiting on the obd mx+ to come in. The instructions you give are all done with alpha obd?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45