Remote Start Install - 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdecomfort

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel - Classic
I'm wanting to install Remote Start for my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman for cheap but with a proper installation. My truck does not have the switch on the hood latch so I know that will need to replaced. The truck does have the harness plug taped to a larger harness under the frame between the hood latch and radiator but I have not confirmed if there is a wire in the 11 Pin.

My questions -
1. Assuming, I have to run a harness from the latch to the 11 Pin, is there a part number just for the harness in the Mopar Remote Start Kit? I can buy the hood latch cheaper and don't need the included Fobs.
2. If option one isn't available for the harness only and I have to buy the Mopar Remote Start Kit, I understand AlfaOBD will activate the remote start option but will AlfaOBD program the two Key Fobs?

Axefall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
To answer question #2 yes Alfa can program the new key fobs for you. As a side note though your original key fobs should have the circuit board for remote start anyway just purchase the overlay from Amazon for like 6 bucks. You will need a tiny Phillips screwdriver to take your original key apart the older keys don’t have that.

This is my original key from my Classic tradesman.

Now as far as where that cable goes that you have already I have no idea, my 21 tradesman had a cable as well but not the hood latch connector so I just ordered the kit as I couldn’t find the harness you are looking for and now I have 4 keys.
I did have something plugged into pin 11 and I just disconnected it and zip tied it to my harness when I plugged the new pin into 11.

Attachments

• 9643134E-6CAA-4EF6-9130-387171C8D55F.jpeg
    9643134E-6CAA-4EF6-9130-387171C8D55F.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 6

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or you can get an aftermarket remote start. That's what I did. No hood latch needed and no need to program the remote. Here's my write up on it. It's worked flawlessly so far.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go aftermarket. 3x lock and its plug and play