Remote start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8
I have a odd issue with my 2019 Laramie 1500 crew cab 4x2 with 2,446 miles

Today leaving work I hit the remote start so the truck will start warming up in the garage. As I’m getting closer I hear the truck turn off like it’s low on fuel but I know I have more than half tank. I jump inside and manually start it and I realized the check engine light is on, at this point I’m like wtf!?? It runs fine but anytime I use remote start it shuts off. The only mod I have is a AFE Intake but it’s been on the truck for two weeks with no issues, I checked the connections and nothing is loose. Anyone have any insight on what could be going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have a odd issue with my 2019 Laramie 1500 crew cab 4x2 with 2,446 miles

Today leaving work I hit the remote start so the truck will start warming up in the garage. As I’m getting closer I hear the truck turn off like it’s low on fuel but I know I have more than half tank. I jump inside and manually start it and I realized the check engine light is on, at this point I’m like wtf!?? It runs fine but anytime I use remote start it shuts off. The only mod I have is a AFE Intake but it’s been on the truck for two weeks with no issues, I checked the connections and nothing is loose. Anyone have any insight on what could be going on?

Whenever there is a check engine light the remote start system is disabled.

You need to get that check engine light read and figured out.

OP
OP
Mvp_Me

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8

Thanks for the info because I didn’t know it’s disabled if that happens. I’ll hook it up to a reader Monday and find out what’s going on.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

DITTO

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MVP: Ne thing out of ordinary will stop remote start. Door ajar, hood open/not latched fully, "Engine Check Light". Also U can only remote start twice for 15 minutes. After that, U have to start with key/push start whatever U have. Just a saying...