Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just checking I have a 2015 ram tradesman and need the hood latch and wiring kit for the remote so I can activate the module to have remote start. This has come to a head this week as the highs here are single digits and I have come to the conclusion it is no longer a luxury but a requirment.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi,
The hood wiring from the RS kit 82214424 is not available to purchase separately. The kit itself takes about 45 days to get, It seems the vendor is backed up at this time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the cost for the kit
Large!Pretty sure there is no module in the 15's(my SLT didn't) to activate so you need a complete kit.I went with a plug and play aftermarket.When I got rid of the SLT I got it reprogrammed for my SIL's 2013 Ram but never got it put in.Still on the shelf in the garage.My Classic came with remote.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just checking I have a 2015 ram tradesman and need the hood latch and wiring kit for the remote so I can activate the module to have remote start. This has come to a head this week as the highs here are single digits and I have come to the conclusion it is no longer a luxury but a requirment.
ya, remote start is sooo appreciated in single digits. I never got the remote start thing until I lived in the snow all winter long

pilotype

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 ram 1500 with factory remote start. Supposed to hit the button twice. I have to hit it 10-20 times and it works. Iv tried all kinds of different ways and just repeated pressing is the only way it starts.
I have two remotes Fobs. The both do the same thing with new batteries. Door locks work perfectly. Open to suggestions. Battery is good fuel tank level varies and doesn't change anything.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
I have a 2016 ram 1500 with factory remote start. Supposed to hit the button twice. I have to hit it 10-20 times and it works. Iv tried all kinds of different ways and just repeated pressing is the only way it starts.
I have two remotes Fobs. The both do the same thing with new batteries. Door locks work perfectly. Open to suggestions. Battery is good fuel tank level varies and doesn't change anything.

Does the remote itself function just fine ? Have you tested this in different locations? Perhaps there is RF interference.

- Benny

Dcsjoc112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.9
I’m having same issue. I have 2017 1500 sport.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Be sure to check the hood latch/remote start switch. If this failed it will not allow RS to function.

- Benny