Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damets05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,
I just had my local dealership install a remote start compatible with Uconnet. It is working correctly, but I am not seeing the ability to remote start through the Ram app. Does anyone know why?

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it’s not a factory remote start I am not sure I’d bet on that working. Are you paying for the uConnect service? My truck has factory remote start and it doesn’t work in the app without paying some nutty monthly fee.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I can't remember if anyone reported having the OEM remote start installed at the dealership work in UConnect but anything aftermarket won't work.
How does your remote start work? Is it the factory fob using a single button or do you push the lock button several times for it to remote start?
If you wanted to be able to start your truck from just about anywhere via your phone should have gone aftermarket as those systems work more reliably.