Remote Starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have the same problem i have? Tried to start the truck and said “remote starter aborted , hood ajar” does anyone know how to fix this problem?

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There is a switch to make sure the hood is closed before the remote start will work. That is so no one tries to remote start it while someone has their hands in there.

Make sure the hood is closed. If it is, there is likely a problem with the switch. Have you done any modifications to the hood, or anything that could effect how it closes?

Walt2137

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate the remote start, i did carry my key in my pocket and have found the truck running several times i would love to delete it i now leave the key on the counter. Any simple way to delete it thinking about buying another key without the remote start and having it program.

OP
OP
J

Juanpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a switch to make sure the hood is closed before the remote start will work. That is so no one tries to remote start it while someone has their hands in there.

Make sure the hood is closed. If it is, there is likely a problem with the switch. Have you done any modifications to the hood, or anything that could effect how it closes?
I had my dogs on a hot day and tried to start the truck more than 2 times for the A/C and after that i have that problem, no modifications at all

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't want remote start, buy a new button pad without that option and change it out for the one you have now with it. You can keep the original and put it back in if you want it back. Search eBay or Amazon for a keyless remote seller and they are easy to find and just a couple of bucks.

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having a similar issue with mine. I love my remote start, if I'm walking out of a store, I can double tap it, and have a cooled car before I get to it. Better yet, in the winter, I won't have to freeze my balls off while I wait for the heater.

Mine is too sensitive and the buttons get confused. There's times where I hit the lock button twice, and it starts the truck. Some times, I'll hit the unlock button twice, and it'll turn the truck off. There are times where I won't even touch a damn button, and it'll turn off because a door is ajar. We're talking (5 - 10+ minutes of running, and shutting off the second I get to the door, WITHOUT opening it).

Either my battery is dying or I need a new fob.