Removing 318 V-8 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

casperkem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I am new here and hoping I can get some advice on the details of selling an engine. For example, what is considered the engine? What parts does that include? Should the fluids be drained when I know I have a buyer or should the fluids stay there to keep it lubed until I have a buyer? Where do I search to find a price for the engine? BTW, the entire truck is awesome, the engine sounds like a purring tiger, inside and out is in great condition. I'm parting it out since I had an accident and the front axle got bent and I was told it wasn't worth fixing. What do I know? I hate getting rid of it, but it is what it is. Parting out is a lot of work, but the proceeds can lead me into a new pick up. I appreciate the help, Kem

Octane

Reaction score
You can sell it including all accessories mounted to it.Only a certain amount of coolant will leak out on disconnectiing hoses,dont worry about draining engine.You can keep it in vehicle to run engine and show buyer how it runs and then remove it or remove it and sit it down and buyer just take your word for how it runs.Personally I always leave starter,alternator on them and remove flywheel.