Replacing seat foam, which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I picked up an '06 1500 and would like to replace the foam in the drivers seat as it is worn out and I sit at an angle when driving. Really annoying. Watched some videos and seems it should be easy to replace. But which one will fit? I look on eBay and see there's one for about $37. But it says something about "excluding Occupant Classification System". What is that and how do I know if this foam will fit in my seat? Mine is a 4.7 quad cab with the cloth seats if any of that matters.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I picked up an '06 1500 and would like to replace the foam in the drivers seat as it is worn out and I sit at an angle when driving. Really annoying. Watched some videos and seems it should be easy to replace. But which one will fit? I look on eBay and see there's one for about $37. But it says something about "excluding Occupant Classification System". What is that and how do I know if this foam will fit in my seat? Mine is a 4.7 quad cab with the cloth seats if any of that matters.

I'm pretty certain the OCS is only on the passenger seat, it tells the truck if something it considers heavy enough to be an adult is in the seat.

I'd look at the cushions from Geno's Garage. All the reports I've seen/read have been very good.

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/seat-cushion-gg-sc0609cl/seat-cushions

-K

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I replaced the foam in my first truck, took it to a auto upholstery shop. They worked with me to try different stiffness set ups, I was super happy when done.