Reset Warning Lights on a 2014 with Push to Start or Key-Less Enter and Go Vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reset Oil Change Warning Lights 2014 Push to Start or Key-Less Enter and Go Vehicles

If this has already been posted then please delete it.

I was helping a member out on another forum earlier and ran into an issue on how to reset Warning Lights on a 2014 with Push to Start or Key-Less enter and go vehicles. After doing a little research I found a solution.

Vehicles Equipped With Keyless Enter-N-Go™
1. Without pressing the brake pedal, press the ENGINE
START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to the
ON/ RUN position (Do not start the engine.)
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times
within 10 seconds.
3. Without pressing the brake pedal, press the ENGINE
START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the
OFF/LOCK position.

***NOTE: This comes straight out of the User Manual which is downloaded from the Ram website***

Last edited:

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Are you asking if this is right... or decript it for you?

Not sure what your asking? Push buttons can also be used with the fob. Just pop the start button off at the bottom and insert key fob.

That's just incase the battery dies in the fob for the security system. There's a key in the fob as well to unlock the door for the same reason.

Not sure if that's what you need?

My Challenger is push start, so that's how I know.

In the 6 speeds you need to depress the clutch when you press the start button to start the engin. Otherwise it cycles to "ACC" and the "Start" position. 3rd press gets you to start.

Auto's I think you have to press the brake when you hit the start button I think. Mine a 6 speed.

Clearing the codes is the same way. Don't press the brake and press the start button twice to get it into the start position... then press the gas peddle... just like getting rid of the oil change reminder.

I hope that's what you were asking?

OP
OP
res1551cue

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you asking if this is right... or decript it for you?

Not sure what your asking? Push buttons can also be used with the fob. Just pop the start button off at the bottom and insert key fob.

That's just incase the battery dies in the fob for the security system. There's a key in the fob as well to unlock the door for the same reason.

Not sure if that's what you need?

My Challenger is push start, so that's how I know.

In the 6 speeds you need to depress the clutch when you press the start button to start the engin. Otherwise it cycles to "ACC" and the "Start" position. 3rd press gets you to start.

Auto's I think you have to press the brake when you hit the start button I think. Mine a 6 speed.

Clearing the codes is the same way. Don't press the brake and press the start button twice to get it into the start position... then press the gas peddle... just like getting rid of the oil change reminder.

I hope that's what you were asking?

No I was not asking. I providing it for 2014 Ram owners that have the push to start feature on their vehicle. I dont have a 2014 and I was helping another member on another forum fix his issues and when I was doing some research I ran across this. Thought it would be informational.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Sorry. Hard to tell if it was a question or a statement... My bad

OP
OP
res1551cue

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry. Hard to tell if it was a question or a statement... My bad

Its alright. Sorry if my response seemed a little short. I went back and read the post and in a way it does seem to ask a question. Will fix it.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
what warning lights are you referring to?