Restoring rusty bed fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
So I got this '06 knowing I'm going to want to fix the rusty spots, most of all the big ones on the fenders of the bed. Neither side has holes yet but the drivers side probably will once I get to knocking the rust off of it. Passenger side I may get lucky and just have to sand off surface rust and fill it in. Good thing is both sides, the lip seems to be still pretty solid so I should be able to use it as a base sort of and just fill in with whatever I use. Couple questions in doing this. I'm relatively good with sanding and painting stuff but have never done anything like this. Should I use bondo for the fill in work or some sort of fiberglass filler or is is basically the same? And for the paint/clearcoat, I obviously want to get the body color (I have Atlantic blue and know the color code is PBJ). Where should I get a couple cans of it (rattle cans, do not have a hvlp and no experience in using one). Any info helps.

Should also mention I'd rather not use the weld on fender panels. I can't weld and that jsut seems like more work than I'd like to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye