Retrofitted surround view into 2019 2500 Parts List in Post#2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok so my next question is. It is the same camera that’s in the mirrors. I guy I know. Has a spare camera from the right mirror.
Yes. All the cameras used in the surround view system, including the cargo camera, are the same part number.

marknz

Reaction score
From New Zealand living in Bakersfield, CA
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Yes. All the cameras used in the surround view system, including the cargo camera, are the same part number.
Perfect. Thanks.
Couple more questions sorry.
min the attached photo. Where should I be tying these two wires into. Are there other data wires located near by.

second. I’m going to run all the coax cables before I get the module. Are both ends of the cables remake. Is there any connections that require a male end of the plug. I know all the cameras I need a female end. Just not sure if the CVPM needs female plug ends also.

Last thing.
My back up camera wire. Can i just run a small cable from behind the radio down to under the sear rather than run a Whole new cable to the tailgate

OP
OP
g00fy

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Perfect. Thanks.
Couple more questions sorry.
min the attached photo. Where should I be tying these two wires into. Are there other data wires located near by.

second. I’m going to run all the coax cables before I get the module. Are both ends of the cables remake. Is there any connections that require a male end of the plug. I know all the cameras I need a female end. Just not sure if the CVPM needs female plug ends also.

Last thing.
My back up camera wire. Can i just run a small cable from behind the radio down to under the sear rather than run a Whole new cable to the tailgate

You don't have a run a new wire to the new reverse camera, the old wire works, you do however need to add a small extension to the wire in the tailgate to accommodate the different orientation of the new camera plug.

Also inside the passenger front seat footwell, there's a kick panel on the right side where the rear camera wire has a connection before it goes to the radio. You can disconnect it there, and run a new wire back to the CVPM. At the same time, you can also run the output wire from the CVPM to that connection that goes back to the radio.

I'm sure that reads a little confusing, but when you see it you'll understand.

Last edited:

marknz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
You don't have a run a new wire to the new reverse camera, the old wire works, you do however need to add a small extension to the wire in the tailgate to accommodate the different orientation of the new camera plug.

Also inside the passenger front seat footwell, there's a kick panel on the right side where the rear camera wire has a connection before it goes to the radio. You can disconnect it there, and run a new wire back to the CVPM. At the same time, you can also run the output wire from the CVPM to that connection that goes back to the radio.

I'm sure that reads a little confusing, but when you see it you'll understand.
Oops. Didn’t add the pic. This was the two wires I was asking about and yup makes sense to me. Thanks

Attachments

• C482EB44-97E8-4756-9EE2-4DA3410868EE.jpeg
    C482EB44-97E8-4756-9EE2-4DA3410868EE.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
g00fy

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Oops. Didn’t add the pic. This was the two wires I was asking about and yup makes sense to me. Thanks

Oh yea, those are the Can Bus wires, Jimmy made me a harness for those. They plug in behind the headlight switch into the Can-Bus blocks where you would also plug in the security Bypass harness for AlfaOBD.

marknz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Oh yea, those are the Can Bus wires, Jimmy made me a harness for those. They plug in behind the headlight switch into the Can-Bus blocks where you would also plug in the security Bypass harness for AlfaOBD.
Can you send me a pic of what the connector looks like and where it plugs in. I do have the bypass cable already that’s in slot 5. I’m curious what pic is +and what one is - and which location that connector plugs into. How much was the harness he made.