Reverse LED pod lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dereck56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone put LED pod lights in the Gen 5 trucks. I used to have mine on the 4th gen, but having trouble finding an area to bolt it in the new gen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You might want to update your profile info and put in your new truck's data. That way folks will know what you have and respond accordingly.

Yeah, the 4th gen were easy. I have a couple of Rigid 4 LED pods mounted on the rear bumper of my 2017.

OP
OP
D

dereck56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might want to update your profile info and put in your new truck's data. That way folks will know what you have and respond accordingly.

Yeah, the 4th gen were easy. I have a couple of Rigid 4 LED pods mounted on the rear bumper of my 2017.
I'll get that updated. I had a 15 hemi bighorn crew cab where I had them installed near the muffler. I got a 20 ram 1500 hemi night edition now and can't seem to find where to place them. Was looking to see if anyone has done it and where they were placed

Thank you

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Guy by name of waterfowler 41 on here and YouTube put on a nice kit with full video. Nice guy and slick looking kit he added.

This has been chatted about. Wf41 used wireless switch system which I intend to own someday but the quickest solution is buying lights and a converter to connecting to the back of your trailer harness and stealing the backup signal. No cutting. Short wire. Clean and removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
D

dereck56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was my plan and just splice it to the power when in reverse. Im just having a hard time for locstion to place them. Thank you i will deffinitaly check the kit out.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have a frame style trailer hitch, and it is "tubular", you can use roll bar clamps for mounting the lights too. I did this on my 4th gen and it works great, Gets the lights up closer to the body, and plenty adjustable. I got mine from Amazon,
AKD Part 2pcs 2.5 inch LED Light Bar Mounting Bracket Clip Universal Clamp Kits Tube Clamp Roof Roll Cage Holder LED Work Light
Brand: AKD Part