Ride Tech Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks man. Little more to come, but that's about it. Want it nice and basic for a daily.

one thing I noticed, This truck it seems to really come alive above 3500rpm, is that tune related?

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man. Little more to come, but that's about it. Want it noceandbasic for a daily.

I notice I. This truck it seems to really come alive above 3500rpm, is that tune related?

Mine does the same , I think it's just the nature of the hemi.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That is the variable runners in the intake manifold. It is normal. Almost feels like a shot of nitrous when it kicks in.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not fixable with tuning?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Last I checked, that setting could only be turned on or off. I tested both on my truck, and it performed better with it on as it is from the factory. Having it in short runner mode all the time will cause you to lose tq, so the end result was a slower ET.

I'll have to get back with Hemifever to see if anything has changed on this.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I come from tuning GM trucks with EFI live, and the GM's do the same thing, but its all in the ECM and TCM Torque management. Remove that and the problem disappears.

journeywork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ride Height Question

Ok so its all done.

Stock Measurements were 37" front 39.5" in the rear

Full down its 33" in the front(now 32.5" with belltech Bumpstops and 33" in the rear. IT lays out on the bumpstops, and the upper Spohn control arm is about 1/4" away from touching the frame.

Ride awesome. I have rideheight set below what a 2/4 drop is and rides great. Repalced rear links wtih Adjustable hellwig units, Front F150 links, Hellwig front and rear sway bars, along with the Spohn Pack of arms. Very happy witgh results. I still have to measure full lift, but rear is either same as stock or higher, front is about 1" drop id say

One question about ride height. Can you drive comfortably with the rear at a 2 to 2.5 inch drop from stock height? Basically running it at level. I'd like to level my Ram by dropping the rear with Ridetech and stock suspension in the front. I occasionally tow/haul and want to avoid rear sag. This looks like a good option. My concern is that it is designed for a more significant drop and running it at what amounts to a 2" drop in the rear is running them near their max lift.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To be honest, I have driven it that high lol. It raises up higher then stock in the rear but is very harsh.

Truck is at Line X right now, when i go pick it up I'll raise it to stock rear height and drop it 2" and see what its like!

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One question about ride height. Can you drive comfortably with the rear at a 2 to 2.5 inch drop from stock height? Basically running it at level. I'd like to level my Ram by dropping the rear with Ridetech and stock suspension in the front. I occasionally tow/haul and want to avoid rear sag. This looks like a good option. My concern is that it is designed for a more significant drop and running it at what amounts to a 2" drop in the rear is running them near their max lift.

So my truck was stock at 39.5" in the rear. I lowered it down to 37.25-.5" and it rose identical to stock. The setting I have it at for someone who borrows the truck is 36.75" rear which gives it tons of room.

If you do decide to use it, I would forgo any shocks or the shorter end links as your not going to want use those on a 2" drop

big john 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok sick truck man and that grille is ridiculous wish I had a competent body shop around here

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope. when the trucks fully deflated its still driveable, but extremely bumpy.

On a bumpy when im going 50-70mph i just simply raise it up an inch to auto start ride height

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you program your specific ride heights for auto start ride height or is that the default setting?

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope they are all programmable. 5 different settings.

When I start the truck it raises up to higher then in that picture, next button down lowers it to the height above. That is what i drive it at everyday.

If im bombing down a road and it starts to get bumpy i just click the preset start up height and im good to go.

air-lift-performance-3p-air-management-pic2.jpg

The airlift logo in the middle is actually a button. Its the preset auto start height you can set.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nope they are all programmable. 5 different settings.

When I start the truck it raises up to higher then in that picture, next button down lowers it to the height above. That is what i drive it at everyday.

If im bombing down a road and it starts to get bumpy i just click the preset start up height and im good to go.

air-lift-performance-3p-air-management-pic2.jpg

The airlift logo in the middle is actually a button. Its the preset auto start height you can set.

Well that's awesome...

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, works very well. Defiantly happy with the results, but at the same time, I don't know if i can recommend to others spending 8-10 times more then a Belltech Kit(could be cheaper if you get cheaper air management and don't do the Spohn arms)

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yup, works very well. Defiantly happy with the results, but at the same time, I don't know if i can recommend to others spending 8-10 times more then a Belltech Kit(could be cheaper if you get cheaper air management and don't do the Spohn arms)

Honestly that's what I'm looking into at the moment.

If I can buy the airbags and then piece together my tank, compressor, lines, and all that from various sources I can probably save a good bit of money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendo99