Rough idle, Slight Misfire with no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey y’all! I’ve got a 2008 ram 1500 with a 3.7L. I had noticed that he was idling rough and I was feeling a slight miss but I didn’t have any engine codes and the misfire monitor was ready. I was able to hook up a scanner and see that cylinder 4 was missing about 18 times per 200 revolutions.
I replaced the plugs and coils and ran an intake cleaner. Had a lot of crap blow out the tail pipe and he ran like a dream for 2 days with no miss before I started feeling the miss again. Same cylinder but less frequent.
If anyone else has dealt with something similar I’d appreciate any input you may have
IMG_5674.jpeg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would swap #4 fuel injector W #5 injector and see if the misfire goes to #5, do a compression test on #4, any ticking going on? Maybe valve spring.

OP
OP
mill

mill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll definitely try that. I’m going to get my hands on some new injectors incase they’re shot (they were last time I replace them).
I haven’t had any ticking or anything else that could indicate a valve train problem.
I did see that my long term adaptives are -12% in bank 2 and -8% in bank 1. Based off the info I have I talked to a seasoned mechanic and he recommended I replace my injectors.
I’m open to other suggestions as well tho
Thank you for the reply!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FinestTitan70