Rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB Demaris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 5.9 diesel: I noticed a rough ride starting on a trip a couple of months ago and ended up putting new shocks all around and a new stabilizer bar on. I am still getting a rough ride; coil springs are good, leaf springs good. Recently aligned, 1 year on tires, 95K mileage. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? It feels like a bumping under the driver's side floor....

Last edited:

moezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What's ur psi in the tires? Also check ur control arm bushings or ur axle bushings... are you getting death wobble

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Inspect all your bushings on the control arms and ball joints. It's likely at least a few are shot. Because they're rubber, they still deteriorate over time - not just mileage.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could definitely try switching out your bushings for polyurethane( energy suspension bushings) it does stiffen up your ride a little bit. But should fix your problem, if it is your bushings. Remember if you do go that route with polyurethane bushings, you need to keep the existing shell. Which means, your gonna wanna burn the outside of the control arm ( where the bushing is)To burn away the adhesive holding the bushing in. Push that out, clean up the inside. Push your new bushing in.