Rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newk1402

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 and would like to see what is out there to smooth out my ride a little better, currently its all stock. I travel a lot for work and tow a camper. Seems like I feel every little bump in the road. What are people doing to smooth it out?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 and would like to see what is out there to smooth out my ride a little better, currently its all stock. I travel a lot for work and tow a camper. Seems like I feel every little bump in the road. What are people doing to smooth it out?
In the 2022 and older models, you can lower your tire pressure to help smooth it out some.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try the tire pressure as mentioned above. My truck rides so smooth it's a joy to drive and it's all stock too.

Red

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
As other mentioned, lower the rear tire pressure if your not towing. Unloaded you can easily run 60 psi in the rear, there are some on the forum that run less.
You can use AlfaOBD to lower the tire pressure warning so it doesn't illuminate on the dash.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have had both for a period of time, a 3500 and now a 2500. The 2500 rides unloaded better than the 3500. But they are HD trucks, they unfortunately ride kinda rough. Mine has the rear air ride option, and I think it rides smoother unloaded. Once I put the weight of my fifth wheel on the rear, it does rides much better still.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I run my rear tires, stock size 18" Duratrac LT E rated, at 42 and my front tires at 52, running basically empty, 2 people and the usual gear. This is based on Goodyear's published, load versus pressure chart. I used AlphaOBD to lower the TPMS threshold so I don't get the warning lights for low tire pressure. This made a BIG difference to the ride and took away that basketball bounce the tires had when aired up for a load.

I changed my 1996 2500s to Bilstiens at about 100,000 klms. It made a huge difference, if I had known how much, I would have done it when the truck was brand new. So when I ordered the new truck I ordered the Offroad package as it comes with Bilstiens. The Biltstien shocks in the offroad package are way smoother than the other OEM shocks that come on the non-offroad models.