Run fast !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Did you notice I said this was my third ram , my prior two was great trucks and I wish I had kept them ...I might not have changed no minds on here but I’ve already changed some so that’s good enough for me .
What you seem to be saying is that two trucks and two Cherokee have been absolutely flawless, as your tolerance level for failure brings to mind The Princess and The Pea. Might have accidentally won some back ;-).

So far every new vehicle I've bought from Chev, Dodge, or Ford has had more issues than your latest RAM, several of which left me stranded out of town or without a vehicle for extended periods.

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
He's just mad how much trucks cost. You pay the same amount for a truck a house cost 30 yrs ago . No way a truck can feel worth that much if not perfect. Of course the Chevy is gonna cost him even more so doubt he will be happy with it either unless nothing goes wrong.

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m not paying that much for the Chevrolet, how the hell would you feel , my money comes from busting my ass working and running my own business so you damn right I’m ****** since you brought it it up .

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah and you damn right as far as I’m concerned at 52 yrs old and working my ass off , you damn right they all over priced but for what I paid for this truck yeah I’m ******* ****** , the other 2 were no where near as nice and were much better products , let me sell you something for that price and it go ******* up over and over and see if your just happy and jolly.

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
He's just mad how much trucks cost. You pay the same amount for a truck a house cost 30 yrs ago . No way a truck can feel worth that much if not perfect. Of course the Chevy is gonna cost him even more so doubt he will be happy with it either unless nothing goes wrong.

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You keep thinking that , I can guarantee you your assumption is wrong . We use these trucks running our business so when they ******* up that’s costing me money in more ways than one , so let me ask you , your a business owner you spend a huge amount of money to buy something dependable so your employees can get to the job sites as well as yourself to do their job and keep the customer base happy by being there on time and doing the work , how you think all that **** gets to the worksite ? That’s right a heavy duty crew cab duallies . So when that truck continues to **** up over and over not only does it cost me money in repairs but I lose money when my employees are not on site working and my customers are expecting me and I can show up don’t fly , so now with that being said just maybe you can grasp and understand the situation. So yeah with the money and trust I put into a truck to complete more than just driving around and owning one to say I own it’s much different for me it affects me several ways and if you was in my situation you would damn well be ****** too !

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What you seem to be saying is that two trucks and two Cherokee have been absolutely flawless, as your tolerance level for failure brings to mind The Princess and The Pea. Might have accidentally won some back ;-).

So far every new vehicle I've bought from Chev, Dodge, or Ford has had more issues than your latest RAM, several of which left me stranded out of town or without a vehicle for extended periods.

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m not sure I understand what your implying, are you saying that the Cherokees and prior trucks that were flawless is a reasonable excuse that this truck costing what it did and giving the problems it’s given should just acceptable? I agree they all can give problems but my complaint is ram will not do a damn thing to stand behind the stuff they absolutely know is a problem.

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dam, I wish my truck cost what my house did 30 yrs. ago.:D:D:D I figure I got mine before Bidenitis took hold so I got a smokin deal. Every gm I know of that someone in my family has owned, has had more problems consistently, than my vehicles. I could never bring myself down to owning a new gm anything.

OP
OP
C

Cheyennemans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Our GM gas fleet duallies were absolutely outstanding trucks so I guess we were just lucky but running 14 of them and yeah a water pump and small stuff like that we could accept , the older 5.9 trucks were good trucks but transmissions were **** , the Ford fleets we had we dumped fast cause the 6.0 Ford’s were absolutely awful. I think the misunderstanding you have with my opinion and thoughts is I don’t understand why all this ******** with a truck that supposed to be better , they sell it as improved and better and when they won’t stand behind a ABS pump motor on a 2018 Laramie dually with 59k miles and they know there is a problem, and I had to pay for a radio , 1700 dollars , ABS pump motor 1k , the DPF code hasn’t been diagnosed yet but who knows what that will turn out to be . They sell them as improved, more power , more torque, more dependable and their so much more this and so much more that , my point is if you sell it and say it then back it up .

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
I’m not sure I understand what your implying, are you saying that the Cherokees and prior trucks that were flawless is a reasonable excuse that this truck costing what it did and giving the problems it’s given should just acceptable? I agree they all can give problems but my complaint is ram will not do a damn thing to stand behind the stuff they absolutely know is a problem.
I'm stating your own account is demonstrating not every product they make is a POS, and implies a majority have above average quality and reliability.

You're not proving a reason why your ABS issue is not being covered, who you've contacted to try to get it covered, nor are you requesting help.

You're not presenting any evidence this is a common wide spread issue they absolutly know is a problem, and reports or ABS pump failures on this and the other popular RAM forum seem rare.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine

I had to pay for a radio , 1700 dollars , ABS pump motor 1k , the DPF code hasn’t been diagnosed yet but who knows what that will turn out to be . They sell them as improved, more power , more torque, more dependable and their so much more this and so much more that , my point is if you sell it and say it then back it up .

In my experience they stand behind the truck as long as they claim they will under warranty, and occasionally beyond.

Why did you have to pay for the ABS pump motor? Did it break in or out of warranty? Did you escalate to RAM Cares?

Why did you have to pay for a radio, and why did you pay that much? Did it fail in or out of warranty? Did you break it ? Why did you not install used or get it repaired if it was out of pocket?

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
Our GM gas ..yeah a water pump and small stuff like that we could accept ...transmissions were ****
Your original post fails to convey this knowledge or experience, and this clarifying post fails to identify the difference making them acceptable i.e. it was covered under warranty, it was a long time ago, transmissions are cheap, etc..
Ford fleets we had we dumped fast cause the 6.0 Ford’s were absolutely awful.
No clear info here beyond not a ford guy, so I'll just add outrageous costs to replace water pump on some models to be helpful.
I think the misunderstanding you have with my opinion and thoughts is I don’t understand why all this ******** with a truck that supposed to be better ,
I suspect you've missed a few words, I can't make sense of this statement even if I assume your last RAM(s) were a different generation.

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with original poster. They aren’t Ram any more. They are Stelantis now.
The old Ram did a lot more for their customers. When my trans went at 66 months and 57k miles. The dealer said “We see this failure a lot. That will be $6200”.
I’m trying a Ford now. May be no better and I may return to Ram. But, I never would have tried a Ford if I felt I was taken care of (after 8 Rams in a row). The profit they lost on me buying a Ford would have paid for the trans many times over.

Randy Ross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
If your thinking about a purchase of a 3500 ram dually Don’t do it ! I have a 2018 Laramie and it’s been nothing but problems, first radio goes out , then the ABS light comes on and at 59k miles corporate says it’s my problem, soon won’t be I ordered a new Chevrolet high country and this pile of junk is gone ! The def is now giving issues and I’m done dealing with this bucket of junk ! This was my third dually , my wife has grand Cherokee limited my mom has grand Cherokee Laredo along with my daughter in law. With all they seen me go through they will no longer along with myself buy Chrysler products ever again . This thing is absolutely awful on fuel mileage too , pulls 9k and gets 9.9 mpg . This truck is got to be the biggest let down for the price we paid for it that I ever owned . I saved 2 small companies from buying Ram trucks and I’m absolutely telling anyone that’s thinking about a purchase of a ram truck to think real hard before they do it and I definitely tell them all my nightmares I have . I’m done in December me and Ram trucks are getting a divorce!
I also have a 2018 Laramie Longhorn Limited and it’s the biggest POS I’ve ever owned.
I was expecting it to leave me sitting along side of the road or in the shop numerous times, but not of that has ever happened. I’m totally disappointed that none of that has happened because I have several friends that work at the dealership’s garage and I don’t get to see them because of this.
I didn’t even get a dog when I bought it like my friends that bought chevvys and phords. Every time I drive past them when they are broke down along side of the road, they have the dog to comfort them.
60k miles and the only time I get a cel to light up is when it first starts up, then just like that, they all disappear. Maybe I should take it in to be looked at.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agree with original poster. They aren’t Ram any more. They are Stelantis now.
The old Ram did a lot more for their customers. When my trans went at 66 months and 57k miles. The dealer said “We see this failure a lot. That will be $6200”.
I’m trying a Ford now. May be no better and I may return to Ram. But, I never would have tried a Ford if I felt I was taken care of (after 8 Rams in a row). The profit they lost on me buying a Ford would have paid for the trans many times over.
I think Ford has the Mod motors figure out. Now the early 4.6s were awful thank god they are gone. My dad has a 13 Ecoboost and its been a good truck. It needs 02 sensors, but what Ford doesnt. I have another family member with a 16 eco boost and he says its been a great truck thus far. Its coming up on 100k. My neighbor has a 5.0 14 F150 and its been pretty good. He lost his transmission around 80k. Thats about the time mine went, but Ford took care of it. I still think the last great motors Ford ever made was the 7.3 TD and the Windsor motors which excited after 96. Like I have said I was a long time Ford guy. I can tell you the newer GMs arent great. My dad had an 07 and an 08 both had engine issues after 100k and were dang near about to let go. After his 08 started giving him a lot of issues. I had just paid my ram off and sold it to him. He drove it for 3 years with no issues. I bought it back in January and he got his 13 Ecoboost. I was shocked he got a ford. He was a big ford guy when I was teen, but had long sense always preferred GMs. Thats all my mom drove. To each their own. I have had really good luck with 5 of my 6 Chrysler vehicles so I will take that.

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It seems to me this is more about extended warranties. Had the vehicle been under warranty, the ABS pump, radio, and DEF light would be covered. This is why I pay for the longer warranties with todays vehicles. They are all very complex vehicles from an electronic and mechanical perspective. I just sold my 4th Ram and ordered a 5th last week. They have been outstanding for me. I also know something could happen to them, or any brand. My dad has a newer Silverado that was just out of bumper to bumper warranty. He was driving down the road and white smoke started billowing out of the dash. Luckily he had an extended Ally warranty because every wiring harness in the entire truck had to be replaced. Many of them melted and burned. The total bill (to Ally) was about $6,000. I'm not bashing Chevy, I like them as well. My daily driver is a Malibu. The point is, these things happen to all brands and it sucks when the bug bites yours. But if you dig into forums about any brand, you will see posts like this one. No brand is immune from it. Especially the nagging smaller failures like what the OP posted about here. If you like one brand better than the other, buy it. If one bites you, I also can't say that I blame you for looking elsewhere next time.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
If your thinking about a purchase of a 3500 ram dually Don’t do it ! I have a 2018 Laramie and it’s been nothing but problems, first radio goes out , then the ABS light comes on and at 59k miles corporate says it’s my problem, soon won’t be I ordered a new Chevrolet high country and this pile of junk is gone ! The def is now giving issues and I’m done dealing with this bucket of junk ! This was my third dually , my wife has grand Cherokee limited my mom has grand Cherokee Laredo along with my daughter in law. With all they seen me go through they will no longer along with myself buy Chrysler products ever again . This thing is absolutely awful on fuel mileage too , pulls 9k and gets 9.9 mpg . This truck is got to be the biggest let down for the price we paid for it that I ever owned . I saved 2 small companies from buying Ram trucks and I’m absolutely telling anyone that’s thinking about a purchase of a ram truck to think real hard before they do it and I definitely tell them all my nightmares I have . I’m done in December me and Ram trucks are getting a divorce!
I have had 5 Rams and have had very few problems. I had a ford and it was a lemon and a bunch (12) friends had fords and 11 of them had a bunch of issues. I had a Chevy 2500 diesel and although it was ok it was also too soft and the Alignment was alway wrong.
Ram doesn’t need you. They seem to sell all over the world without you.
I love my Rams and expect the minimal problems they may have.
My question to you is, why are you here on a Ram forum complaining about Ram? You think you’re going to sway us away from buying Ram? Like we’re a bunch of dummies and think that because your Rams were problem trucks we all will quit buying Ram?
Go to the ford forum and stay there. I’m not gonna be sorry to see you go. Go get yourself the perfect truck. Don’t hold your breath while searching though.