Running Board mounting bolts don't line up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DS0292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi VVT
I'm trying to mount running boards on my 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab. I've ordered two sets that were supposed to fit my truck and neither did. On the running boards I ordered, the middle bracket is centered between the front and rear brackets. On my truck, the mounting bolts for the center mount are about 2 inches off center, so neither set worked. Is it possible for me to remove those mounting bolts and remount them at center, or does anyone know where I can find running boards that are truly made to fit my truck?

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Just want to ask the obvious question first, did you read the instructions?
The nerf bar brackets for my 2500 were offset differently and had to be put on a specific way and if not then nothing would line up.

OP
OP
D

DS0292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi VVT
Yes, I did. Besides, the brackets on the boards are centered and the mounting bolts are not, so . . .

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Are these Ram or Mopar running boards? When I looked at my 2024 (boards ordered), I don't see any way of moving the bolts. However, a lot of the aftermarket boards were designed so the brackets actually move on the board.

OP
OP
D

DS0292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi VVT
No, they're not Ram or Mopar. I don't see any way of moving the bolts either. I haven't been able to find any aftermarkets that are designed to move the brackets.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good question....my aftermarket boards fit perfectly on my 5th generation Ram 1500.

YITAMOTOR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I'm trying to mount running boards on my 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab. I've ordered two sets that were supposed to fit my truck and neither did. On the running boards I ordered, the middle bracket is centered between the front and rear brackets. On my truck, the mounting bolts for the center mount are about 2 inches off center, so neither set worked. Is it possible for me to remove those mounting bolts and remount them at center, or does anyone know where I can find running boards that are truly made to fit my truck?
I recently purchased running boards from YITAMOTOR this year and had a positive experience. The installation process was remarkably straightforward. After laying out all the parts, it took me less than 15 minutes to install both sides. It's crucial to ensure you order the correct style for your vehicle, whether it's New or Classic.

I am highly satisfied with my purchase and will certainly consider ordering from YITAMOTOR again in the future. I will definitely order again and recommend it to my brother and friends.

1.png

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I recently purchased running boards from YITAMOTOR this year and had a positive experience. The installation process was remarkably straightforward. After laying out all the parts, it took me less than 15 minutes to install both sides. It's crucial to ensure you order the correct style for your vehicle, whether it's New or Classic.

I am highly satisfied with my purchase and will certainly consider ordering from YITAMOTOR again in the future. I will definitely order again and recommend it to my brother and friends.

View attachment 536562
So is this Yitamotors pretending to be a customer of Yitamotors to recommend Yitamotors?

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just want to ask the obvious question first, did you read the instructions?
The nerf bar brackets for my 2500 were offset differently and had to be put on a specific way and if not then nothing would line up.

hey..as i always tell my wife: "real men don't read instructions"
(then i always have to go back and read them)

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
hey..as i always tell my wife: "real men don't read instructions"
(then i always have to go back and read them)
I have that same conversation with my wife, lol. But, when I “eventually” have to take a peek at the instructions, I try not to do it in front of her so I don’t have to hear I told you so.

Nikipowpez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Newbie here. I just installed running boards I got from Amazon and there were minimal instructions. They looked like they didn't line up at first, the center bolts were about 2 inches off. Then we realized we had them on the wrong sides. They looked the same but there was a right and left. After we put them on the correct sides, they were perfect.

Attachments

• running board.jpg
    running board.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517