Running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harmonam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Ok, I found someone selling their OEM chrome running boards in my area off of their 2013 2500 quad cab....will these fit on my 2014 1500 CREW cab? Has anyone put side steps from a quad and put on a crew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
harmonam

harmonam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Ok, I found someone selling their OEM chrome running boards in my area off of their 2013 2500 quad cab....will these fit on my 2014 1500 CREW cab? Has anyone put side steps from a quad and put on a crew?

Here is what they are selling IMG_4736.JPG

OP
OP
harmonam

harmonam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
this doesn't answer your question but my 2014 Quad Cab had 3 mounting points...odd that a longer cab model would have less attaching points...

No I was thinking the same thing about my crew cab having three points and this only being two. They said it was on a quad cab but now I’m wondering if they actually had a quad

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some time between 13-14 they started changing the number of brackets used on the running boards. I've seen two 14's that are identical but yet one of them had 3 brackets and the other had 2. You can buy the 3rd bracket and install it, I believe that's what a few others on here have done.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It doubt the Quad and Crew cab running boards are interchangeable, the Quad cab is 9" shorter. As far as the number of mounting brackets, it depends on the whether type the running boards are. The wheel to wheel ones on my 15 (CCLB)have 3 brackets, my neighbors '17 is also the same. Another neighbor's (CCSB) only has 2.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
NO, Boards designed for a quad cab will not look "right" on a crew cab.
While they may "fit", in so much as the mounting bracket location could be the same place. they will look ducky. Think hi water pant legs here.

My Crew cab boards have two seperate tread areas, one long one for getting into both sets of doors of the crew cab and very short one, for standing on when leaning into the box area.

OP
OP
harmonam

harmonam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
Thanks for the info guys... well if anyone with a quad cab wants OEM boards, she was selling them for $80