Rwalk's 2012 Outdoorsman Bully's Performance Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
40s?? Omg I cant wait to see that setup!

Thanks! Neither can I

I hope to get it done as soon as possible but it all depends on when I get enough money for the body lift and rear spacer.

Getting the gears done next week so I'm hoping to have everything done by mid April-early may

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Dropping the truck off today for the gear swap. Hopefully everything goes well!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can't remember if you're running 37's or 38's?

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Man that thing is gonna be a monster. Can't wait to see it.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Got a call from the differential shop on Friday telling me that there was an issue. I guess the 2011 front diff that I had brought to be swapped in has reverse rotation gears and the ring/pinion set I have is not made for that, and there is currently nothing on the market for that differential.. Very weird, I've never heard that from anyone that has done the swap.

He said he is going to do some more research but he thinks he may be able to do some fab work with the diff to allow a set of GM gears to fit.

Hopefully everything works out alright in the end but for now I'm just anxiously waiting for a call with some updates

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Still waiting on my truck back from the differential shop, they are saying the end of this week but I'm starting to get very frustrated.

Some good news though, just ordered my 3" body lift w/ gap guards and 2" TGC rear spacer! And I picked up my new wheel/tire setup a few days ago!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Still waiting on my truck back from the differential shop, they are saying the end of this week but I'm starting to get very frustrated.

Some good news though, just ordered my 3" body lift w/ gap guards and 2" TGC rear spacer! And I picked up my new wheel/tire setup a few days ago!

I can't wait to see this! Still going with 40's?

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I can't wait to see this! Still going with 40's?

Yes! Haven't taken the cardboard off the wheels yet because I don't want to scratch them while they're being moved around

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395086834.665876.jpg

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine just showed up today, missing the red inserts. Glad I still have a month before these go on I guess. I can't wait though.

Your truck is going to be a monster. I can't wait to see this.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes! Haven't taken the cardboard off the wheels yet because I don't want to scratch them while they're being moved around

View attachment 24476

This is going to be a monster man.
Can't wait to see it come together

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
After a ton of back and forth with the shop and a little bit of unanticipated work, I finally have my truck back after the 4.56 swap! I'm still taking it easy to break in the gears so I haven't been able to see the full effect of them yet, but I'm sure its going to feel great once I can really get on the throttle and feel the difference.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow glad you got it back man! How long did they have it?

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Wow glad you got it back man! How long did they have it?

20 days.. He almost gave up on the job a few times but I kept helping him out and finding new parts. Crazy how I've learned enough on these forums to help out a professional do his job

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After a ton of back and forth with the shop and a little bit of unanticipated work, I finally have my truck back after the 4.56 swap! I'm still taking it easy to break in the gears so I haven't been able to see the full effect of them yet, but I'm sure its going to feel great once I can really get on the throttle and feel the difference.

20 days.. He almost gave up on the job a few times but I kept helping him out and finding new parts. Crazy how I've learned enough on these forums to help out a professional do his job

Gears will help greatly. Especially with the tires you'll be throwing on.
Doing this is not for the faint at heart.
What challenges did he face?

My gear guy had my truck for 8 hours and was done.
Not sure how long he really took. But dropped it off in the morning and picked it up after work

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Gears will help greatly. Especially with the tires you'll be throwing on.

Doing this is not for the faint at heart.

What challenges did he face?

My gear guy had my truck for 8 hours and was done.

Not sure how long he really took. But dropped it off in the morning and picked it up after work

He had originally told me he would have it done in a day or a day and a half...

The new front diff I brought him was for a 2011, and I guess the gear set did not match up, the axle shafts were all different lengths, and it had a cracked tube.. He thought he could do some fab work to make everything fit so after over a week of waiting he decided it wasn't going to work and he was just going to give up. I wasn't having that so I found him a new front diff from an 09 that was 10 minutes away from his shop, which ended up working, but it required him to fab up new mounting brackets and remachine the driveshaft spacer that was part of my RCX lift.

While he had the truck apart he discovered that one of my CV shafts had gotten water in it and was basically corroding, so he replaced them both for me.

The rear was simple he had no issues with that.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He had originally told me he would have it done in a day or a day and a half...

The new front diff I brought him was for a 2011, and I guess the gear set did not match up, the axle shafts were all different lengths, and it had a cracked tube.. He thought he could do some fab work to make everything fit so after over a week of waiting he decided it wasn't going to work and he was just going to give up. I wasn't having that so I found him a new front diff from an 09 that was 10 minutes away from his shop, which ended up working, but it required him to fab up new mounting brackets and remachine the driveshaft spacer that was part of my RCX lift.

While he had the truck apart he discovered that one of my CV shafts had gotten water in it and was basically corroding, so he replaced them both for me.

The rear was simple he had no issues with that.

Glad your truck is all done.
When is it going to all come together?