Rwalk's 2012 Outdoorsman Bully's Performance Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Can't believe I missed all the big news. I can't believe they want $633 for powder coating it's $100 a bumper here. Let me know how you like the superchip since I'm in the same boat as you with the 4.7.

Nobody in my area could to powder coat, it is paint matched..

And as far as the superchips goes, it's really not worth the swap from the bully dog unless you can get a great deal on it like I did. I can't tell a huge difference in performance, although I'm just using the 87 tune on each, maybe with a better tune the results would be different. While superchips gives you the options for custom shift points (I didn't use these) and switching between tow and performance tunes pretty quickly, I miss having the gauges and the easy settings changes that the BD offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the many SC tuners we sold and guys running higher octane (93) they are noticing larger gains over the BD and they all switched from BD
Try the higher octane and your grin will be from ear to ear

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
From the many SC tuners we sold and guys running higher octane (93) they are noticing larger gains over the BD and they all switched from BD

Try the higher octane and your grin will be from ear to ear

I plan on upgrading to the higher octane once I go bigger

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Opened my christmas presents a little early because we are leaving for Puerto Rico in the AM.. For the truck I got a K&N CAI, LED tailgate bar (hasn't arrived yet) and a set of tow mirrors, but the secondary glass on the RH mirror was broken, so I need to call up and get that swapped out. Going to do the intake install myself so that will get done after the new year. Also got a gift card to a local auto shop, not sure what I'm going to use it on yet, maybe window tint or cab lights or audio upgrades

Last edited:

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Truck's lookin' great! Amazing how much of a difference losing the chrome bumpers make.

Disturbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Extremely awesome looking piece of machinery. Loved going through all 11 pages of this build. Can't wait to see more.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Got the CAI done, performance increases are negligible from the drivers seat, but wow does it make the truck sound mean. Gives the exhaust a much deeper tone and rumble, primarily when I'm on the throttle and getting the RPM's up above 3000.

When I first pulled out of my street after I had the install done I thought I had my cutout open, but it was just the intake!

I had read lots of reviews that say that the intakes are not worth it because they are so loud that you can't even have a conversation, but my opinion is that it is pretty quiet (slightly louder than before but not very noticeable) at cruising speeds/RPM's, and only got loud when getting on the pedal, but I would say the sound was more musical than annoying, I loved it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388588808.542416.jpg

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Installed tow mirrors today, horrible picture I'll have to get a better one during the day, but it's supposed to be -15 with the wind chill tomorrow so I don't know how long I want to spend outside taking pictures.. Although I am shoveling starting at 5:30 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388722386.412635.jpg

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Suck it up and get those pictures taken, lol. :laughing1:

Truck is lookin' sweet! I don't know if I can do the tow mirror thing. I don't tow anything, lol.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
The other day I installed 2 new mods, a set of Spyder Projector Headlights with 6k HID's and CCFL Halos, and an LED Glow 60" LED Tailgate Bar. I will get some pictures up in the next day or two, but so far I am liking them!

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Those lights really add to the truck, looks even better

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Those lights really add to the truck, looks even better

Thank you! They're nice and the output is better than stock but I'm saving up to do a full retro on the stock ones, but that's probably at least a year out right now

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks awesome! Did you drop HID's in there? You need to update your sig pic. Your truck looks quite different now with the lack of chrome. :waytogo:

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Looks awesome! Did you drop HID's in there? You need to update your sig pic. Your truck looks quite different now with the lack of chrome. :waytogo:

I bought the lights used with the HID's already in them

And I know I do, I'm waiting til a better time to get some pictures of my truck because it's been covered in snow and salt recently

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good! Love the tow mirrors as well I don't know why but they look good.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
BIG NEWS! Just ordered my new wheel and tire setup..

40x13.5x17 Yokohama Geolander M/T Plus on a set of 17x9 -12 offset Method Standard black wheels. :signs1::signs1::signs1: