Rzrman Ram build thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great! Thanks man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here you go OFFLINE, the led's are tied in and daisy chained off the green connector behind this panel. Let me know if you need more detail...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 196

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ever upgrade the LED's in the main Gauge Cluster? Mine are really dim at 215K miles on the cluster. Want to upgrade to a brighter LED. not color change just Brighter.

billdozer79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's one nasty truck! I wish I had that front bumper to be able to run a lightbar in.

dthaggard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you get your headlights? like the look of them - any info you can share would be great...
Thanks - Truck looks sick!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here you go OFFLINE, the led's are tied in and daisy chained off the green connector behind this panel. Let me know if you need more detail...

Got it -- if anyone is interested, there are two wires in the plug after you pop off that top cover (its not screwed so just start from the bottom and pull out towards the door and it should pop off as you go up) the wires you are looking for are both yellow.

One wire that's yellow with green stripe is constant 12v which likely has a switch somewhere to each interior light and the other wire is yellow with white stripe that fades in and out when the doors are open, closed and key fob is activated/door opened.

I didn't cut that wire or mess with it, I used a pin header attached to a 20awg cable and just stuckit inside the receptacle and ziptied it and hot glued it so its 100% removable and still holds. I also added a 20A blade fuse inline just inc case.

For ground I just sanded down to the foot panel where the other ground is and tapped it there.

Now waiting for my lights to arrive.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you get your headlights? like the look of them - any info you can share would be great...
Thanks - Truck looks sick!!

Thx...their just my Oem headlights retrofitted with projectors.

good.drake64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thx...their just my Oem headlights retrofitted with projectors.

Did you use a harness? How did you wire them in? You literally are making the money fly out of my wallet right now. Lol

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you use a harness? How did you wire them in? You literally are making the money fly out of my wallet right now. Lol

I didn't need a harness...the 15+ I believe need a harness. I used a morimoto hid kit with the projectors. Is that what you were meaning by wiring them in?

good.drake64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I didn't need a harness...the 15+ I believe need a harness. I used a morimoto hid kit with the projectors. Is that what you were meaning by wiring them in?

Yeah, i have a 15. Trying to track down what harness to use. Thanks for the reply!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, i have a 15. Trying to track down what harness to use. Thanks for the reply!

Morimoto sells a Mopar specific kit, specifically for 15+ mopar. It has the capacitors and resistors needed for the CANBUS system we have. i have it in my truck and it works great. PM me if your interested in one. I dont want to clutter Rzrman's thread but i wanted to offer you some help.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You dont need a harness of any sort on a 09+ and you certainly dont need any $100+ specialty harness.

Most current hid kits already come with the required resistor/load balancer to 'trick' the system into pulling the correct load and referencing it back to the computer. You just have to pay attention as to what works....

So doing your own retro is not that difficult.

good.drake64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You dont need a harness of any sort on a 09+ and you certainly dont need any $100+ specialty harness.

Most current hid kits already come with the required resistor/load balancer to 'trick' the system into pulling the correct load and referencing it back to the computer. You just have to pay attention as to what works....

So doing your own retro is not that difficult.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!

Glefevre87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Custom C-bar taillights....

This is probably one of my favorite mods just because you don't see them on many Rams and the best part....it cost all of maybe $20 and a little time.

Where did you get these taillight from. Love the look

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Where did the tubes come from

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is probably the best pic I could get for ya. Like i said, they're all tied together and running off my passenger parking light for power. I used posi-taps. They're a little more expensive but when used correctly they work great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 144

Batman&Robin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
retrofitting?

You said you didnt need an adapter to work with the HID and your 2012. I also have a 2012, and everywhere I look, people tell me I need the adapter from Retroshop.

If I am doing this myself, can you tell me all the parts I would need? Is it easier to retro duals, like I have heard, or can I keep my quads?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You said you didnt need an adapter to work with the HID and your 2012. I also have a 2012, and everywhere I look, people tell me I need the adapter from Retroshop.

If I am doing this myself, can you tell me all the parts I would need? Is it easier to retro duals, like I have heard, or can I keep my quads?

Thanks!

I'll do ya one better....this is the exact kit I got from Jeremy...nothing else.
https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4GD.HIDs

Eventually I had to get h1 bulbs for my projectors....the kit comes with H13's

I believe dual's are more simple as its only 2 bulbs vs four. I had the dual's so I can't speak 100% on everything needed. You can keep your quads to do a retrofit though...many have done it that way.

Here's my kit laid out...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 74