S&B cai installed this afternoon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my S&B yesterday so I thought I would install it on this beautiful afternoon. It looks great now that it is in, but it is kind of a pain to install.....
The directions said to remove the screws and push pins holding the fender well liner in place so it can be removed . Sure wish the instruction sheet would have said where they were...took a long time to find them and missed one....had to wrinkle the liner to get to the bolts .
Having installed a volant on a previous ram, I doubt i would do another S&B.....too damm much trouble....plus the volant comes with the donaldson power core filter...
I much prefer the look of the S&B over the volant and the volant is a smaller unit.
Now that its done i am happy with it but ??????

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
You would have had to do the same with the Volant as well. Any intake that requires you to remove the factory airbox tray will require you to remove the front passenger fender liner to get to the lower bolts that attach that tray to the frame.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The S&B install isnt difficult, just takes a few extra minutes because you have to drop the front passenger wheel well liner to get to the lower airbox bolts. This is held on with 5-6 8mm bolts and 3 plastic push pins. The push pins are normally 1 use only, so S&B includes new ones with the kit. The 8mm bolts that hold the wheel well liner on are the same bolts that secure the flares to the fender, so it isnt really any more work.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not really that hard. Just alittle more time consuming. But like said once installed I love the way mine looks.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

jlafollette07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was a pain to remove the factory but alot easier than the exhaust install I just did lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Puh-Leeze! The whole install takes less than half an hour. I mean come-on, Nerfs take more time than that! S&B gives you the dang replacement pins.

To quote Elwood Blues (Dan Aykroyd) "What do ya want for nothing? A rubber biscuit?"

Last edited:
OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would have had to do the same with the Volant as well. Any intake that requires you to remove the factory airbox tray will require you to remove the front passenger fender liner to get to the lower bolts that attach that tray to the frame.

Just a note, the volant does not require removing the fender liner .

I most certainly do like the look of the S&B and there is a slight increase in torque....feels good.

Overall i am very happy with it, just wish the direction were a bit clearer.....

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a note, the volant does not require removing the fender liner .

I most certainly do like the look of the S&B and there is a slight increase in torque....feels good.

Overall i am very happy with it, just wish the direction were a bit clearer.....

Does the new Volants use the stock airbox?

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The sound of my CAI is addicting.

FWIW, it looks cool.

After replacing "gears", CAI, and Hemi Fever, I'd never be satisfied with a stock configuration again. That was money well spent, in my case. Thanks to Matt!

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wasn't 100% sold on the S&B.. but I've had it for a week now and LOVE it.

I 'think' it gets better MPG too but I can't keep my foot off the gas, it sounds so damn good!