scale gurus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engineering

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
I finally have my truck/trailer configuration fairly settled and want to get it weighed - but I am hoping to get each wheel weighed to get more detailed per-wheel information.

I have only seen one service that does this, but they are 1500 miles away. Does anyone know of services that can do a detailed weigh-in? Some race car shop have scales, but typically not enough capacity.

http://rvweigh.com/

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I finally have my truck/trailer configuration fairly settled and want to get it weighed - but I am hoping to get each wheel weighed to get more detailed per-wheel information.

I have only seen one service that does this, but they are 1500 miles away. Does anyone know of services that can do a detailed weigh-in? Some race car shop have scales, but typically not enough capacity.

http://rvweigh.com/
Do you have a Flying J near by? Travel Center and Convenience Store Locations | Pilot Flying J I use the App - nearly everyone has scales

My second choice is Loves Love's Travel Stops - Honestly most commercial Truck Stops along the major interstates should of certified scales

Last edited:

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There are plenty of truck scales that measure GVW and total axles, they do not weigh each wheel to see if the rig is balanced left/right
Actually they do the Pilot by my place has a Cert Cat Scale (How To Weigh – CAT Scale) and can weigh per Wheel that MAY not be true everywhere but is worth checking nearby Stops

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There are plenty of truck scales that measure GVW and total axles, they do not weigh each wheel to see if the rig is balanced left/right
About the only reason to weigh left/right is if you have swaying issues with the trailer or you specifically know the truck/trailer is side loaded.
Using a scale that weighs the front axle, rear axle and trailer separately is good enough for 99% of the situations. Load the combo up for traveling/camping and weigh the combo with the WDH then disconnect the trailer completely, weigh just the truck. With those numbers you calculate tongue weight percentage and see if the WDH needs to be adjusted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500