Scary time to buy, but I just might do it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After asking about a zillion questions here, and pondering for what seems ages, I think I might be picking up this beauty on Friday. All approved and the deal is settled, all I have to do is sign papers .truck1.jpg truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet truck. I love the hell out of my Ram, hope you do the same with yours.

Oh, I will. test drove a F150 a few weeks ago. Nice truck but didn't wow me. This one.......yeah, it wowed me. LOL! Ride was awesome.

south7west

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 LoneStar
Engine
5.7 Hemi

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have fun, one of my favorite colors for a vehicle, had a few. Chrome looks great with it. Enjoy the ride.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
What year? (16+)
Big Horn?
Power fold/AutoDim mirrors
Front/rear Park Sense
3.6L v6/8spd ?

Nice truck.

I had a 13 ram 1500 v6 /8spd that looked a lot like that... Same color but a CC. Would have preferred the larger 6'4" bed

M² Mods.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year? (16+)
Big Horn?
Power fold/AutoDim mirrors
Front/rear Park Sense
3.6L v6/8spd ?

Nice truck.

I had a 13 ram 1500 v6 /8spd that looked a lot like that... Same color but a CC. Would have preferred the larger 6'4" bed

M² Mods.

Thanks, you got almost all of it right. It's a 2018 Big Horn. Has all that you mentioned, with GPS and 3:55 gearing.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks, you got almost all of it right. It's a 2018 Big Horn. Has all that you mentioned, with GPS and 3:55 gearing.
I had 3.21's and didn't have the 8.4 with AA/CarPlay (added it later). 3.55 should put a bit more pep in the v6's step... Especially if you add a Pedal Commander to get rid of the remaining pedal lag.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had 3.21's and didn't have the 8.4 with AA/CarPlay (added it later). 3.55 should put a bit more pep in the v6's step... Especially if you add a Pedal Commander to get rid of the remaining pedal lag.

M² Mods.

Yeah, didn't really get to test out the get up and go factor. LOL! Test drove with the old geezer sales person in the passenger seat. Gave it a little bit though during on ramp of the expressway. Seems to have no problem getting to speed at all.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Wow free money. I wonder how hard up they are for sales versus the reduced supply with the factories closing down. I suspect this will be a buyers market just like the stock market. All businesses are looking for cash to meet immediate operating expenses so one would think a cash buyer would really be a prize.

ocalapilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 and 2004
Engine
Hemi and Cummins
That’s a beautiful truck no question.

My two cents is make sure you’re a tough negotiator, because right now they need you more than you need them.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s a beautiful truck no question.

My two cents is make sure you’re a tough negotiator, because right now they need you more than you need them.

Best of luck

It's carmax, so there are no negotiations. That's their M.O.

DoubleJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've only ever owned Chevys and Toyotas my whole life. I bought a 4th Gen ram two months ago and I couldn't be happier with it. Comfortable, fun to drive and all around the best truck I've owned. When you are ready, you won't regret it.

ocalapilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 and 2004
Engine
Hemi and Cummins
It's carmax, so there are no negotiations. That's their M.O.

I understand. I don’t claim to be an expert on truck prices. What state are you in?

My wife started looking for a used truck about 15 months ago. It took her 3 months to find it with me helping.

We’re in Florida, and in general the best prices on 2 year old 1500’s were from a company called “off lease” in Orlando.

The funny thing is that I wanted my wife to buy a 2500 with the Cummins, so I kept finding them on the internet and showing them to her . :)

Each time she would say “No, I want the Hemi!” Don’t get me wrong, the Hemi with the 8 speed is like accelerating in a Tesla! Really awesome vehicle. That’s what we got for her and I really enjoy driving it when we go out on weekends.

Before she settled on one, I bought a 3500 for myself haha. I found mine in a small dealer in the middle of the state.

My truck was refereed to as a unicorn by the dealer, so I guess I got a good deal because no one else wanted it.
Regular cab long bed Dually 3500, it must be true because I don’t see many!

Anyway, I’m not trying to be a wet blanket here, but I think prices on used ANYTHING are going to drop. There will be people unfortunately selling vehicles that they can no longer afford to keep, which will push prices down.

So, unless the vehicle you’re looking at is one of a kind, or REALLY well priced, I’d wait.

Ok guys, pile on lol.

Seriously, best of luck either way.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/edgars...pandemic-could--sharply-reduce-vehicle-sales/