Scrapped The Firestones For Coopers As I Always Do! What Other Tires You Folks Using!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gave up on them at 7500 miles. 1st set of Cooper AT3 XLT's on this truck but I had 2 sets on the last one. I love them. Disregard the dirty truck.
35 - Copy.jpg

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I have the stock Goodyear Eagle Touring, but it is a princess truck :)

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great tires. I've used those same flavor Coopers or variations of them because they change a little from yr to yr since 2015. Decent wear an not a bad pullin tire for what they are

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great tires. I've used those same flavor Coopers or variations of them because they change a little from yr to yr since 2015. Decent wear an not a bad pullin tire for what they are

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I had the AT3's before they went to the XLT. I actually think these wear better and clean themselves out faster. Snow is the big thing for me related to tires.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FALKEN WILDPEAKS AT3W. But I am running a C tire, not a E rated, I do not tow max do not need 10 ply. I need the tread for towing trailer, especially when loaded with hay or a hoss from a field. U can sit out there and spin all day on SRA's, lmao. The C tire's are actually 5 ply.

New tire on truck.jpg New tires left side truck.jpg

Last edited:

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had Copper AT3, ST Maxx's, Toyo AT2 and AT3 and R/T, BFG KO2, and Falken AT3w's. I like tires lol. For the money it is hard to beat Falkens, money no object hard to beat Toyos.

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FALKEN WILDPEAKS AT3W. But I am running a C tire, not a E rated, I do not tow max do not need 10 ply. I need the tread for towing trailer, especially when loaded with hay or a hoss from a field. U can sit out there and spin all day on SRA's, lmao.

View attachment 230910 View attachment 230911
I tow often, the E is what I need. The Falken look like a nice tire, excellent rating.

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How are they in the snow?
They are great. Don't need 4 wheel drive that much. They wear great, I am on the highway a lot.
The problem with the Firestone is they float a lot and are terrible when wet.

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had Copper AT3, ST Maxx's, Toyo AT2 and AT3 and R/T, BFG KO2, and Falken AT3w's. I like tires lol. For the money it is hard to beat Falkens, money no object hard to beat Toyos.
The Toyo's look like a good tire. My guy said they are a good tire. Same price for me as the AT3 XLT's

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The truck came with Bridgestone tires, first thing we did is replace them with Michelin tires. On the way home on the freeway we could not believe how much louder they were. Took them back and had the Bridgestones put back on the truck. Discount Tire probably thought we were crazy but they did it and then we bought extended road hazard the Bridgestones. We will see how they perform on ice and snow.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am on my second year Good Year AT/S Tires . Got a great deal on them and so far happy with them. I have Cooper Snows on my HR and really love those, SO next tire change I will try Coopers on my RAM

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The truck came with Bridgestone tires, first thing we did is replace them with Michelin tires. On the way home on the freeway we could not believe how much louder they were. Took them back and had the Bridgestones put back on the truck. Discount Tire probably thought we were crazy but they did it and then we bought extended road hazard the Bridgestones. We will see how they perform on ice and snow.
Interesting as I purchased a set of Michelin Defenders a month ago and they are extremely quiet with exceptional wet pavement traction. May I ask what Michelin’s you purchased? Will stay away from those in the future...