Screen Brightness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DadsDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the display screen brightness set to "automatic", but it never switches between night and day colors. I have to maunally change between night and day. Any ideas?

dan212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the same boat. Tried the 8.4 Navigation for the first time. As night came, the screen remained in daylight mode and was so bright that it was unusable. I had to kill it and go back to my Garmin 570.

I called FCA support and they helpfully suggested that I dim the dash. Duh... Thats not quite the same thing.

And nowhere can I find a way to have it show info on the EVIC. I haven't seen an OEM Nav that couldn't do this. Supposed to be an option to enable this. I turned it on and still nothing.

This Nav is such useless crap.

I have the display screen brightness set to "automatic", but it never switches between night and day colors. I have to maunally change between night and day. Any ideas?

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It took me a while to figure this out too. I thought if the dash dimmer was rotated to the right, beyond the click, then that meant I was in automatic dimming. Nothing I did through the touchscreen to adjust it worked. It stayed bright as hell unless I manually rotated the dimmer to the left at night. If you rotate the dimmer all the way to the right and it clicks, simply rotate it back to the left just enough to get on the other side of the click. Then you’ll be in automatic mode and can adjust it according to your preferences through the touchscreen. Hope this works for ya!!

OP
OP
D

DadsDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It took me a while to figure this out too. I thought if the dash dimmer was rotated to the right, beyond the click, then that meant I was in automatic dimming. Nothing I did through the touchscreen to adjust it worked. It stayed bright as hell unless I manually rotated the dimmer to the left at night. If you rotate the dimmer all the way to the right and it clicks, simply rotate it back to the left just enough to get on the other side of the click. Then you’ll be in automatic mode and can adjust it according to your preferences through the touchscreen. Hope this works for ya!!
This did work. I understand I had the dimmer in "parade mode". One more click to the left and all is well.

OP
OP
D

DadsDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the same boat. Tried the 8.4 Navigation for the first time. As night came, the screen remained in daylight mode and was so bright that it was unusable. I had to kill it and go back to my Garmin 570.

I called FCA support and they helpfully suggested that I dim the dash. Duh... Thats not quite the same thing.

And nowhere can I find a way to have it show info on the EVIC. I haven't seen an OEM Nav that couldn't do this. Supposed to be an option to enable this. I turned it on and still nothing.

This Nav is such useless crap.
I was able to correct it by putting the dimmer switch in the correct position. Try as described by Coramie above. What do you mean by "tried the 8.4 navigation"? Are there options to the current nav layout?

dan212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know I am able to reduce brightness in the display with the dimmer. But every other Nav will switch colors, from dark on bring to light on dark at night.

I could also change themes to something a bit more nighttime friendly. But thats not exactly the kind of thing I want to do while driving.

Since I have Apple Play, I can use the FCA navigation or Apple or Google maps for guidance. But same issue with screen brightness.

So I continue to use my Garmin 570 suction cup attached to the top of the dash.

I was able to correct it by putting the dimmer switch in the correct position. Try as described by Coramie above. What do you mean by "tried the 8.4 navigation"? Are there options to the current nav layout?