Seafoam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatSilver2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking under the hood the other day, i noticed my PCV valve was unhooked. So i hooked it back up and it does run better. But i have no idea how long it was unhooked. the truck only has 26k miles, its a 2010 4.7. buddy told me to run some seafoam through it, but i never have done it before. thanks!

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run a can thru my tank when I do an oil change. Just another step and I swear my truck runs better. I have no proof when it comes to the wife's car or my truck but in my profession as a powersports person we have used it with great success. Like, cut down on carb jobs by almost 90% in our marine/atv/snowmobile repairs. Frees up techs to work on the money jobs and saves the customer money by not having to fork over an hours worth of labour. Doesn't work all the time, but in most cases it's awesome. Also brought back my old Honda mower from the dead. I haven't used the trans one yet but do have a can of it on my bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDW123

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I doubt you have any carbon build up to speak of at 26k. I'd just pour a can into your gas tank every 5 to 10k just to keep the fuel system clean. In the future if she starts running a little rough you can run it through your engine to clean out the top end. Just find a vac hose and pull it off. pour the sea foam into a cup (clean preferably) and let the vac hose suck up a little at a time. When it's all sucked up, shut the engine off. Let it sit for about a half hour or so and then go start it up and let it run.

sladekos

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi V8
I have never used seafoam on anything that isn't carbureted... it is good stuff though.

Ever since the great spill of '03, I have the dealership change my oil. They add some other brand (maybe mopar, I don't really care) to the gas tank at the oil change. They also only do synthetic.

It is expensive.

Kincer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't used it in my truck yet but I run a capful in every tank of my old 1972 John Deere 110 garden tractor and it runs fantastic. Before I started doing this it would barely idle with the throttle at the lowest setting now it's nice and smooth.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
You don't need any mechanic in a can for that, just drive it and forget about it.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had lots of success with seafoam in older vehicles. 1/3 can in the tank, 1/3 down the carb, and 1/3 in the crankcase before an oil change. It cleans amazingly well. I don't see how you'd use it in your situation though. Take the intake tube of and see if it and the throttle body are dirty.

catch 22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
none
I add Seafoam to the fuel tank once or twice a year on everything I own, except the boat gets a can every other fill up which is 200 gallons (V-6 Merc Black Max). I don't know if it helps......but it doesn't hurt (never had a problem so I'll keep doing it).

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I put half a can in my engine right before an oil change, and put the other half in the tank.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've watched some videos of it being used thru the vacuum line method, they also did a video thru the spark plugs of before and after

it did remove a very small amount of carbon from the top of the pistons, but not enough to make any real difference