SEAT BELT REPLACEMENT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
ok I have a 2000 Dodge D2500 Diesel tru .. My driver side seat belt has locked up..
I haven't had a wreck. I really think it may just be twisted down farther that I can get to it. I have about a foot poking out over my shoulder ... But it's stuck & Won't retract. I've jacked with it for about 2 weeks. & I've got no where . Dodge no longer selling them. SO THIS EVENING i WENT TO the wrecking yard & Young man drove me all around the wrecking yard .. I'll bet we got out & looked at 20 different DODGE PICKUPS .. Mine is the style that has the seatbelt through the back of the seat .
NOT One good seat left in his yard . either the seat belt had been robbed from the seat Or The seat was twisted up from the wreck & the seat belt was locked due to the wreck..
I told him color didn't matter because I could just remove my seat cushion & Seat cover & Put mine onto his seat frame .. But nothing .
SO HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS FIXED YOURS.

M60A3 Driver

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
If you can get the part number you can search it out. Try ebay with the part number. I found this seat belt service on ebay. I don't know if it will help or not.
Good luck!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have seen Youtube videos about seat belt repair, they fix the retractor mechanism

There are several sources for seat belts of almost every color & for almost every Dodge Ram

Remember, there are retractable & non retractable & bench seats, bucket seats, etc.

150s , 250s, Ramchargers, etc.

Regular cabs , CLUB cabs , extended cabs, Crew cabs , Mega Cabs

Last edited: