Center seat belt attachment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

groovimus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Craving an answer that even the Dodge dealer parts dept and body shop cannot give me on center seat belt attachment. I have the center seat belt to put into my 2015 Tradesman 1500 regular cab. There are holes in the floor to mount the reel. However at the upper end there are holes in the bulkhead to mount some kind of bracket apparently because the upper belt guide piece (whatever it is called) will not mount directly. Attached the photos below. You can see on the upper left the two threaded holes, and a picture of the belt guide and belt below. I've been all over the web and to the dealer 3 times to find out if there is some kind of adapter bracket available, no luck. Before i start cutting and drilling steel to make my own bracket I was hoping someone can tell me if such a part even exists and the part # if so. Thanks in advance for the attention.

Tom Groover
Houston

20230310_165241.jpg20230423_164006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hit up Benny @AllMoparParts.com . They are forum vendors and if RAM sells the part separately he will find it. Also, give him the part number of the current belt assembly. It may be the wrong belt assembly. Perhaps there is a different part number belt assembly that has the belt guide that will fit the plate in the truck.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hit up Benny @AllMoparParts.com . They are forum vendors and if RAM sells the part separately he will find it. Also, give him the part number of the current belt assembly. It may be the wrong belt assembly. Perhaps there is a different part number belt assembly that has the belt guide that will fit the plate in the truck.
To pile on, he will usually want the VIN too.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
It looks like there are 2 different reinforcement panels available, depending on the layout. You may be able to order the panel and remove the bracket to weld onto your panel. You would also need the seatbelt bezel if you don't have it already.
Screenshot_20230424-092020_Samsung Internet.jpg

Heres links to the 2 different panels. The first link is what you have, for a single cab. You need the second link, for a crew cab that includes the seatbelt guide bracket. That's the best I can gather. @AllMoparParts.com can confirm.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Now the 18CD was so helpful to show you what you need, at those prices I would be checking out wreckers and pull the part myself.

OP
OP
G

groovimus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK great guys. At the yard where i got the big back cover panel (there was 3/4 plywood 'panel' on the rear bulkhead when I bought it) I watched the part worker cut the belt ($75 on ebay) to get me my panel. Then later when I went back to examine the situation to see what I need to mount the belt guide, the truck was gone. Maybe it's somewhere else in the yard and they can pull that piece. Thank you so much.

OP
OP
G

groovimus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK wanted to get back with the mystery solved. The original photograph of the back of the cab on my truck actually has the reinforcement panel ..848AA, the first one shown by the 18crew post. It dawned on me when the owner of a salvage yard asked me, when I showed him the photo of the part: "isn't that spot welded in place" and it is. So below is shown the two threaded holes circled, on the part from the 18crew post. Essentially what we have is the engineering accomodation for people like your truly to fit our own angle brackets, say made from 1-1/2 angle iron. There is nothing aftermarket ready made for this. No wonder the dealer couldn't help with this.

Thx again.

Ram_reinforc.jpg

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Right, so what I was saying above was if you want it factory appearance you would buy the new panel that comes with the bracket, remove it by drilling out the spot welds, then reweld it to your truck's already installed panel. Or like posted, remove one from the junk yard.
Dont forget you'd also need the plastic seatbelt bezel. It is listed under "seatbelts" in that website I posted above. Or again, get it from the junkyard.

OP
OP
G

groovimus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep right,when I bought the back trim panel i was careful to watch the wrench guy and tell him to save those for me. Thanks again. BTW looked all over the web for the aftermarket brackets, nada.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Yep right,when I bought the back trim panel i was careful to watch the wrench guy and tell him to save those for me. Thanks again. BTW looked all over the web for the aftermarket brackets, nada.
You're welcome. Yeah you won't find just the bracket because it's part of the reinforcement panel as an assembly. Kinda like buying just the underhood reinforcements that are spot welded to the hood itself. To get them you would have to buy an entire hood.