Seat bottom crack repairable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claydus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 Rebel has crack that has formed as shown below on the seat bottom. I bought this truck used with no warranty. Is there a product that could help stop or hide this type of crack?

I have heard some folks that were under warranty had this fixed by the dealer by just replacing the seat bottom cover. Trying to see if there are other options before spending that kind of money.

seat.jpg

OP
OP
C

Claydus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I am pretty sure I jumped the gun on this. It appears this crack or rip has already been repaired. There is some glue or filler that has distorted the leather appearance but the crack or rip has been repaired. I think the only other thing that could be done here it to lightly sand this spot. It may be too risky and may just live with it.

seat2.jpg

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have heard some folks that were under warranty had this fixed by the dealer by just replacing the seat bottom cover. Trying to see if there are other options before spending that kind of money.
A set of these should cover that up :Big Laugh: ...

Ugly seat covers.JPG

I'm really only kind of kidding. The vinyl/cloth seats that were in the 2017 Rebel I used to own were like trying to slide on velcro. Seat covers were one of the first things I did with that truck.