Seat Leather is folding. Is this a warranty issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerrdan2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
About 7k miles on my Ram Limited. Driver seat Leather is folding over and I'm afraid it will begin to crack. Does this look like I should be concerned and try to get it replaced?4bd4f0f967144fb601f866809e616540.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, it looks a little loose to me, but on the other hand leather has a tendency to soften up and stretch as it's sat on, and the wear patterns and cracks tend to be part of the patina. I don't care for that look in a vehicle, which is one reason I don't go for leather in my vehicles. Now my recliner at home, that's a whole other story.

I'm guessing FCA will balk at replacing that. They're going to say there's nothing wrong with it and it's part of the natural process of leather. But if it bothers you, take it back and let them know.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DITTO, what JD said

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks like it's from sliding out of the truck, I'd talk to the dealership about it but wouldn't hold my breathe on getting it fixed.... They'll say it's from "normal" wear and tear.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks like it's from sliding out of the truck, I'd talk to the dealership about it but wouldn't hold my breathe on getting it fixed.... They'll say it's from "normal" wear and tear.

Bingo. Stimpy is 100% right - this is from sliding in/out of the truck. Get step bars if you don't have them - and use the a-pillar grab handle to lift your 'rear' out of the seat when getting out of the truck.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
That's a lot of wear for low miles, I would try the dealership. Do you have steps?

OP
OP
J

jerrdan2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
Yes I have steps and a grab handle. I use both religiously. I've had GM trucks for over 20 years and never had leather issues. My dealer said they are going to replace both seat covers. Helps to have a great relationship with your dealer I guess.[emoji16][emoji16]

OP
OP
J

jerrdan2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
BTW I really appreciate the entry exit instructions on the previous posts though....

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I have steps and a grab handle. I use both religiously. I've had GM trucks for over 20 years and never had leather issues. My dealer said they are going to replace both seat covers. Helps to have a great relationship with your dealer I guess.[emoji16][emoji16]

That is awesome news! Good relationships = good life! Applies to so much more than dealerships. :)

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

Well my wife and I decided what GM calls leather is a creature not of this planet.