Seeking advice:Lomax TriFold hardtop bedcover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 PW, Just installed a slightly used Lomax trifold, about 6 months old and looks new. Install was easy, sits level and the folds sit about flush with bed sides. I dont expect it to be completely water tight, I did run through a car wash and got some water intrusion at rear 1/3 of the bed near center. Any suggestions or fixes for getting a better seal?? Thanks in advance. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would it be worth it to run a small strip of foam tape down along the rails

OP
OP
danoday

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was my first thought as well, and I did see there is aftermarket tailgate seal strip I seen on you tube. That may be my only option.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what i have gathered with my cover (truxedo roll up type), the majority of the water (if not all of it) enters through the gaps around the tailgate. If you take a second and look at It, it will make you wonder why more water does not enter through it. I think there are seal kits to help prevent this, but i have never really looked into it much because it does not cause an issue for me.