It's official, now lets build this beast...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Man it feels great to be back in a power wagon again. I'll never make that mistake again! Long story short, I got back on here after being MIA for awhile. LeesEVOx found the exact model with options I wanted after I searched for days. I went and picked it up the next day (today). Let's build this truck and update the thread as she gets built. Will post pics once I get out this hotel and get home. Here's what I already have in mind, tell me what you think would be awesome or best options out there.

Katla's 17x10 Onyx. Need to pick the right tire. 37's preferably but honestly not a fan of trimming and cutting. Thinking of going with Toyo RT's or KM3's. Had 35 MT's on last PW. Let me know what you think and recommend.

AEV Vertical Tire Mount for the bed. Currently out of stock though.

Either Snug Top or RLD Design truck toppers.

White Knuckle Sliders

Want to deck it out with lights. Front and back. Something flush mounted in rear bumper, the small pro series mounted on brackets on both sides of the hood near the windshield, and something up front. Just want to be able to light up the whole farm! Open to options and suggestions. Would like everything hooked up to smart panel on the inside. A nice clean look.

Exhaust. Saw the video clips of the muffler delete from one of the guys on here. Looks like cheapest option but also sounds amazing.

After reading some threads, realized I don't have some of the options I had in my previous PW. Don't see anything on the window sticker about the alternator. So no dual alternators which I wish I had. What are my options? Benefits of running duals?

94R Northstar AGM Battery

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Why are you going with the 17x10 Katla instead of the 17x8.5? If you went with the thinner rim you could stuff 37s with out trimming anything. They were designed with specific backspacing for our trucks.

Plus the 17x10 is meant for running 40s

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why are you going with the 17x10 Katla instead of the 17x8.5? If you went with the thinner rim you could stuff 37s with out trimming anything. They were designed with specific backspacing for our trucks.

...and the big fenders.

Chances are the 10” wide ones would make for more rubbing than the 8.5” ones without the big flares.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
...and the big fenders.

Chances are the 10” wide ones would make for more rubbing than the 8.5” ones without the big flares.
Yeah, forgot to mention to those.

I've got 17x8.5 Saltas with 37s right now and I have zero rub. Anywhere.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Also, I've had the KM3s on my PW for the last two weeks. I absolutely love them so far. Way better than the Toyo MT so far for on road performance. Haven't had a chance to take it off road yet to test them out.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine

No you're right. I miss spoke. Definitely going with the 8.5's. Good to hear about the KM3's. I did not like the Toyo MT's on the road for sure. Good to hear that you have absolutely no rubbing with the same setup. Makes me feel better because theres a thread on here where everyone is going nuts about trimming and all that to fit the 37's and re-gearing.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Also, I've had the KM3s on my PW for the last two weeks. I absolutely love them so far. Way better than the Toyo MT so far for on road performance. Haven't had a chance to take it off road yet to test them out.

What load index/speed rating did you go with for the KM3's? I see with the 37's there is a 116Q or 124Q option.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
hi, congrats on the PW. Looking forward to watching your build. Let us know if we can help with anything. We offer just about everything.

I think the muffler delete you are talking about is the one we have here,
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23646761-s...nce-muffler-delete-replacement-6-4l-hemi.html

And you are right, it does sound amazing!

Dude I'm so glad you saw this post and chimed in. You're exactly who I had in mind. Would love to do your muffler delete.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
No you're right. I miss spoke. Definitely going with the 8.5's. Good to hear about the KM3's. I did not like the Toyo MT's on the road for sure. Good to hear that you have absolutely no rubbing with the same setup. Makes me feel better because theres a thread on here where everyone is going nuts about trimming and all that to fit the 37's and re-gearing.
That's cause a lot of the aftermarket wheels don't have the correct offset. There's a good video done by Bold Adventure. Here's the link

What load index/speed rating did you go with for the KM3's? I see with the 37's there is a 116Q or 124Q option.
Mine are 124Q

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
That's cause a lot of the aftermarket wheels don't have the correct offset. There's a good video done by Bold Adventure. Here's the link

Mine are 124Q

Thanks man. What's the difference between the 116 and the 124q?

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Load index is different

116q is 2,755 lbs at 50 psi
124q is 3,525 lbs at 50 psi

good stuff. Now to get the truck to Ram for a front left TPS sensor since I had one go out before the first 50 miles this morning on the way home...

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Here she is boys. standard PW cloth seats, 12" screen, 9 speaker with sub woofer, black rims, running boards, tonneau cover and bed liner...

TPS sensor failed within first 50 miles. New one is getting installed Wednesday. About to order a muffler delete and can't decide which one. Don't like the raspy sound, reminds me of a Raptor Ecoboost. Looking for a deep loud growl if you will.

Also, I'll be pulling the biggest camper I can get away with sooner rather than later. Can't find any "E" rated tires in 37... HELP!

B5sZycMpS2qhwpHV%2IZgA.jpg

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Here she is boys. standard PW cloth seats, 12" screen, 9 speaker with sub woofer, black rims, running boards, tonneau cover and bed liner...

TPS sensor failed within first 50 miles. New one is getting installed Wednesday. About to order a muffler delete and can't decide which one. Don't like the raspy sound, reminds me of a Raptor Ecoboost. Looking for a deep loud growl if you will.

Also, I'll be pulling the biggest camper I can get away with sooner rather than later. Can't find any "E" rated tires in 37... HELP!

View attachment 222209

Toyo MT/RT and cooper STT in 13.5 wide I believe are “E” rated.

I’m running KM3s in 37x12.5r17 and am very pleased so far with their highway manners. Spent a little time in the dirt and mud and they are fantastic!
016D720C-8BD8-481E-824C-3D3C9E1F1D6A.jpeg

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Toyo MT/RT and cooper STT in 13.5 wide I believe are “E” rated.

I’m running KM3s in 37x12.5r17 and am very pleased so far with their highway manners. Spent a little time in the dirt and mud and they are fantastic!
View attachment 222210

dude, sick PW. I had a that same color in a 17. Missed her so much until two days ago! KM3's is what I have my eyes on but was wanting to run 37's in a E rating on some Katla's...will the 13.5 wide 37's you recommended work with with 17x8.5 Katla's? Would the extra width create rubbing even with the AEV wheels?

Talk to me about your lights man. I see some things that intrigue me. I'm waiting to light up the world.

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
dude, sick PW. I had a that same color in a 17. Missed her so much until two days ago! KM3's is what I have my eyes on but was wanting to run 37's in a E rating on some Katla's...will the 13.5 wide 37's you recommended work with with 17x8.5 Katla's? Would the extra width create rubbing even with the AEV wheels?

Talk to me about your lights man. I see some things that intrigue me. I'm waiting to light up the world.[/

Hard say if 13.5 will rub. What I can say, my wheels are CJC offroad addition racelines with +20 offset. I’ve already trimmed some plastic and I stuffed one of the tires pretty good the other day and still had some rub so...

My lighting setup is all Baja Designs. In the fog light pockets I have Squadron Sports with amber lenses wired to the factory fog light switch. The other two are Squadron Pro on their own circuit. A-pillar lights are Squadron Racers with SDHQ mounts. At first I liked the smaller lights on the a-pillar mounts but I kind of want to upgrade to the XL80s.

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 222209

That is the biggest reason I went up to an 18” wheel....a lot more 37/12.50 tire options in an E load...went with the Toyo RTs 37/12.50r18 E. Very minimal plastic trimming and loss of power to me is not really noticeable at this point. Glad I went with the 37s.

View attachment 222209

F5899722-D90F-45C2-B53E-1F81C08EB1C2.jpeg

BFEF7AD7-319B-4D4B-86A2-BB28908F3D4E.jpeg