Service contract

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dealer offering an Allstate Service contract as extended warranty anybody have any experience or thoughts

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer offering an Allstate Service contract as extended warranty anybody have any experience or thoughts

Don't do it. Get a Mopar extended warranty. Price it out at Ziegler Auto Group and use "payinfull" promo code for a very nice discount.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I see you are in a 2012 year model

I don't think that you can get any kind of warranty through MOPAR

That leaves after market Warranty companies

Look at what is considered the top 3 aftermarket used vehicle warranty companies

https://www.endurancewarranty.com/coverage

https://www.carchex.com/auto-warranty/

https://olive.com/extended-car-warranty/

Check to see if your vehicle is too old to apply for the warranty
Check to see if the vehicle has too many miles to apply
Check to see if they warranty you just locally or from Coast to Coast

Good Luck

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I generally try to stay away from 3rd party warranties. I've had three of them in the past. One was great. It covered several items that I needed to have repaired in the 3 years I owned that vehicle. The other two weren't worth the paper they were written on. Nothing but hassles when making claims. Had to pay for some repairs up front and wait for them to refund me. Nothing but hoops to jump through. I won't ever buy another one of those again, but I'm not sure I'll ever be in the used car market again either. I don't have any experience with Allstate though. Have you looked for reviews on them?

Greg Collins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I think I got hosed in the "finance office"

I added an extended warranty during my purchase, I did not realize it was not a Mopar but instead a Fidelity.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Fidelity coverage may limit you to ...
As a valued FWS customer, you can rest assured that your service contract will be honored for covered repairs at over 6,000 participating service centers nationwide.

There are 2500 Dodge Dealerships & they are talking about adding another 400
The Mopar warranty covers you in Mexico & Canada, as well as the USA
All Dodge dealerships & other certified garages that they approve of are covered

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Given I use Allstate for my home and auto insurance, I get emails from them all the time in regards to their extended warranty contracts. If you read the contract, the coverage of some things is decent, but for others, not so much. Such as HVAC. It covers basically nothing.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I believe Geico also offers an extended warranty that you can bundle in with your car insurance. Personally, I like the idea of a third party extended warranty even for a new vehicle. well I don't have one, I have looked at them for others and generally find good terms on some of the biggest name offerings. With a Mopar extended warranty you are locked into a ram dealer instead of being able to go to any service center. Also the Mopar warranty does not guarantee new mopar parts, they can use remanufactured and they don't have to be Mopar remanufactured. And it just seems some of the extras that Mopar covers really don't gain you a whole lot and you can actually do a lot better by carrying something such as AAA. But as with anything, shop around and see what you can get. Just because a deal is sent to you and they say limited time, price is going up, must act now, that is never the case. I get offers all the time to tell me you'll never see a deal this good again and then there it is a month later.

gonecamping

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 3500 Tradesman Reg cab 4x4 long box dually
Engine
6.7 cummins, aisin auto, 4.10
just received a Mopar extended warranty offer, haven't responded yet.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Geico also offers an extended warranty that you can bundle in with your car insurance. Personally, I like the idea of a third party extended warranty even for a new vehicle. well I don't have one, I have looked at them for others and generally find good terms on some of the biggest name offerings. With a Mopar extended warranty you are locked into a ram dealer instead of being able to go to any service center. Also the Mopar warranty does not guarantee new mopar parts, they can use remanufactured and they don't have to be Mopar remanufactured. And it just seems some of the extras that Mopar covers really don't gain you a whole lot and you can actually do a lot better by carrying something such as AAA. But as with anything, shop around and see what you can get. Just because a deal is sent to you and they say limited time, price is going up, must act now, that is never the case. I get offers all the time to tell me you'll never see a deal this good again and then there it is a month later.
You're right and the Geico warranty gets pretty damn good reviews too. I'm thinking about going with it on my new Laramie. They quoted me $15.83 per month which wasn't too bad.

Greg Collins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Fidelity coverage may limit you to ...
As a valued FWS customer, you can rest assured that your service contract will be honored for covered repairs at over 6,000 participating service centers nationwide.

There are 2500 Dodge Dealerships & they are talking about adding another 400
The Mopar warranty covers you in Mexico & Canada, as well as the USA
All Dodge dealerships & other certified garages that they approve of are covered

So the Fidelity is a decent plan?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl

I added an extended warranty during my purchase, I did not realize it was not a Mopar but instead a Fidelity.

if you bought anything at their finance office after making your deal, you for sure got hosed. after my son got his degree in finance, he was the finance manager at a large dealer and only lasted about 6 months before he just wasnt comfortable with the many things they did to relieve the customer of their money. when I buy, I tell them I dont want any add-ons and then I am out of there.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

I put a Fidelity service contract on my 14 Sport I bought in 15 because it was a Canadian truck. The Chevy dealer I bought it from was a Fidelity servicing dealer so they claimed they could do any required repairs without much input from Fidelity.

I called Fidelity and got a similar response from customer service and they also said if a Fidelity servicing repair garage was not close if I was traveling they'd cover the repairs where I broke down.

I never used the plan during the 4 years I drove the truck but because it was a 5 years plan I got 1/5 the cost back when I sold the truck with little effort.

I'm not recommending Fidelity as I bought the Mopar contract on my new 19 Laramie but I think a lot of the bad reviews about Fidelity is based on folks buying the minimal coverage plan and expecting to get the same coverage as a bumper tp bumper warranty.

I would suggest that if you want to switch to the Mopar warranty, and I'm much more comfortable with the Mopar, see what you can get back if you cancel the Fidelity one and compare it to the cost of the Mopar contract.