Service Electronic Throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Well heck started out this morning for doctors appointment got about halfway there.
Pulled up to a stop sign truck running fine, no CEL or anything unusual,
started pulling away shifted up a couple of gears big message service electronic throttle,
with truck just shutting down, followed by service brake system, then low oil pressure,
then service trailer brakes.
Coasted over and pulled off the main road, tried to start just a brief period of cranking,
no start, tried a couple of times no go.
Called my local dealer no tow available from them. So hit the assist button on the mirror
got road side assistance tow will be coming. Got a message from towing company 90 minutes out.
Called them to tell them don't bother I'm only 200 yards from a tow service I'll just use them all of a
sudden one of their drivers interrupts he's only 40 minutes away, I tell them I'll wait (theirs is covered I'd have to pay for the other).
Get her towed to local dealer after awhile they decide its the tone ring going to have to pull the tranny to replace,
no rentals available at there place. Get a ride home find a rental from Enterprise and reserve it only to get a call
no vehicles on site at that location, but do have a pickup coming back in soon.
So OK I'll take it for the same pricing as a RAV4 style vehicle, it's a gas guzzling Ford F250 crew cab.
Per the EVIC pulled 16 mpg heading to my place then the last 3 miles dropped that average to low 15's.
Not quite as good as the eco diesel.
Now to see how long it takes for them to get started on my truck.
I have the extended warranty and we shall see how it goes.

OP
OP
LouM

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update; parts tone ring and sensor came in this morning they pushed the truck into the shop.
Pulled the tranny replaced the tone ring and sensor, did the airbag recall and the emission recall.
Went up picked up my truck she seems to be running good. Return the rental tomorrow,
instead of me turning in the rental bill for $35 a day allowance they waived th $100 deductible.
So not bad all in all.
Rental was a 2020 Ford F250 crew cab, ran nice lots of power about 13 mpg per the evic.
Just didn't seem to be a comfortable seating truck for me. Didn't impresse me at all.

OP
OP
LouM

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did they say what the code number was by chance when it threw those alarms?

No they didn't, and without plugging into before the repair couldn't even tell if it set one.

OP
OP
LouM

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks almost like they were on a fishing expedition before settling
on the tone ring, and then they broke the sensor;