Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrf07d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
A few days ago I started to get a service front sensors error on the display. It would pop up then go away for a day, but now it stays on all the time. The error message says "service front parking sensors". I looked at the front bumper and wiped them all off but the error remains. How can I tell if one of the sensors is bad and needs to be replaced, or if I need to reset the parking system, or remove the sensors and clean them a different a different way?

OP
OP
Jrf07d

Jrf07d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just an update on the front parking sensors. I went through and looked for a bad fuse and I did find a 20 amp fuse popped so I replaced it and fired up the engine and the warning was still listed as service parking. I went back and the fuse was popped again. I will check again tonight and see if the fuse blows without the engine being on.
Could water have gotten in the sensors and caused a short in the system or do I have a bad sensor that needs to be replaced? I will be checking the wiring this week and see if I can work on narrowing down the cause of the sensors not working, if it is the wiring grounding out some place or an individual sensor of which causing the problem. I am not sure how to remove the front bumper, I will look up in the service manual and see if there is a diagram of removing the plastic bumper to access the sensors and wiring. Will give an update when I have new information.

torontodee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does the whole front bumper need to be removed to change a sensor? Ive had someone hit my truck and the sensor is now inside the bumper. Any help?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JFR: U got a short somewhere

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a sensor that goes nuts every time it rains. The front has been turned off for weeks now, got tired of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a sensor that goes nuts every time it rains.

Same. It's driving me nuts with all the rain we've had lately. I never have a problem with the rear though. I was wondering if driving in the rain is forcing water into one of the sensors.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Same. It's driving me nuts with all the rain we've had lately. I never have a problem with the rear though. I was wondering if driving in the rain is forcing water into one of the sensors.

mine is exactly the same. not one issue with the rear sensors - only the fronts.

buglao

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here, When it rain front sensor acting up.

RigRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello, just curious if anyone has had any luck replacing these. I have a bad sensor on my front bumper. Watched a video and looks like a 10 minute job to replace them, and Amazon has the parts for like $35. I have read though some have done this but the warnings seem to stay. Talked with dealer and said when new sensor is installed there needs to be an update? Anyone done that?
Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007