Serviceable LCA or LCA Bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m installing as many serviceable parts as possible on my truck to help with price of replacing parts and just keep better preventative maintenance on my truck. I have a set of jba off road uca’s on the way but was wondering does anyone know if there’s any company out there that makes a LCA that has zerks for the bushings or if there’s a company that makes a bushing that comes with a bolt system (similar to some of the stuff prothane has out) that has a zero fitting in it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timmy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just replaced my lower fronts with Napa’s and the have zerks for the ball joints. I don’t think you’ll find stock replacements with grease fittings for the arm bushings unless you upgraded to a long travel kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Doing some upgrading to my truck and I have UCA’s on the way that have zerks in them to service the upper bushings. Been doing some searching on the forum and google but can’t find anything. Was wondering does anyone know if there’s a company out here that makes a LCA (would rather it not be stamped steel) that’s serviceable or a bushing similar to some of the Prothane bushings (they have for the Jeep leaf springs) that have a zerk inserted into the bolt

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
I was looking for something like this too. I have Total Chaos UCA's and they are grease-able which is awesome.

Total Chaos makes stock length lowers for other vehicles. It would be nice if they made them for the ram as well.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with jba off-road uppers as they aren’t a uniball and I live in an area next to the ocean and was told they’d need a lot more maintenance. Plus the jba have 90 d of motion while the uniball have 33.3 but yeah I’m in the same boat I was looking at the mevotch ttx lowers as the the ttx ball joint is suppose to be top notch but they don’t even have serviceable arms.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Savvy offroad and Currie both sell bolts with zerks in the end . I use them on all of the Johnny Joints on my Jeeps. I know they have a couple sizes 9/16 being one and can't remember what the bolts were on our arms. Check them out they may be able to help ya. I usually drill an 1/8" hole in the ball to allow grease to get into the bushing by a second route

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
An 1/8” hole in the ball of what?

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And Garry that would be nice if they mad them in a 18mm size bolt

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you call John at Currie you may find out what they have in the way of bolts for our control arms . The better control arms use his Johnny Joints in their arms for the 1500s so their is a good chance they may have bolts to fit them or tell you where you can purchase them.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh your talking about rear control arms I’m talking about font control arms my buddy

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh okay we are at opposite ends of the truck . wondering why u weren't following me. He still may be able to tell you where you can find what you want being he sell that type of bolt

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hahahaha yeah. I have a set of core 4x4 on the way for the rears. Was gonna go with spohn but seen and herd to many bad things. Yeah I was looking at going poly on the front but no one makes the correct size bushings for the front so no good guess I’ll have to stay with rubber on the front end

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its hard to beat a Johnny Joint which Core uses on the better arms , been using them for years on my Jeeps along with MetalCloak Duroflex bushings . If I ever decide to install rear arms again on the truck I may just chop the ends off of the Spohn's sitting in the box and weld JJ's on them. I don't really fore see them being needed hence the add in the for sale section