Share your previous owner FAIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m curious to hear about things that the previous owner of your Ram did that left you wondering what they were thinking, like installing parts wrong or strange mods.

After troubleshooting my A/C and being baffled, I finally figured out that my condenser fan was replaced a wired backwards, so my fan was rotating in the opposite direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not ram related, but I did have a YJ Wrangler that the PO thought electrical tape could fix EVERYTHING. Vacuum lines, the PCV elbow, cracks on the dash cover, you name it he "fixed" it with black tape. Ridiculous

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Well about the only thing I can tell from the PO is that they abused the truck.. Every single bushing, joint and shock on the front end was/is worn and tore.

But one funny thing I did notice, this truck had a bad dent in the tailgate. I tried pulling it out with a plunger and hot water but it wouldn't ever stay out longer than a week. So I finally decided to take the cover off in the bed to see if I could push it out. The cover comes off and I'm greeted by a small piece of 2x4 wood being held in by a single screw. The only reason I could see it being screwed in there is because I wasn't the only one tired of that dent. Of course that piece failed because it was slightly too small to do any good. So what do I do?

I got a roll of duck tape, wrapped it around the wood about 25 times to get some extra thickness, and then shoved that baby back in there! Then bam! Dent problem solved

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of them bought and installed that fake "G-Force" performance chip. Also has waaaaaaay to much shiny **** on the exterior for my liking.