She got height and new shoes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lift is great. Been on my truck for almost 2 years and been very happy. I am running 35s on it and had no problems.
The ride is great, seems just like factory to me.

Do you have photos of your setup to share? The 4" BDS kit is nicely priced, but my brothers--in-law are really nudging me toward the BDS 6" coil-over and say that I'll regret not going with the coil-over option. So, confused for now...

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will say I’d never buy a 4” lift kit.

You could get the 6” kit and just leave it all the way down in the front (no prelod spacer and use factory height front struts or coilovers). Then just go with the rear 3” lift option.

that way when you inevitably want to raise it up you’ll have what you need. I almost made the mistake of getting a 4” kit. But it was backordered at the time so my installer mentioned getting the 6” kit but keeping everything down like I described above. Glad I did because I eventually raised it up after getting bored.

These 1500s come with the ride height of a minivan....a 4” kit isn’t a lot.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Do you have photos of your setup to share? The 4" BDS kit is nicely priced, but my brothers--in-law are really nudging me toward the BDS 6" coil-over and say that I'll regret not going with the coil-over option. So, confused for now...
I wanted the 6" lift, but like I said the dealer told me it would void my power train warranty if they put it on. I am looking for a 6" all the time!
If you got the choice I would go with the 6" lift.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will say I’d never buy a 4” lift kit.

You could get the 6” kit and just leave it all the way down in the front (no prelod spacer and use factory height front struts or coilovers). Then just go with the rear 3” lift option.

that way when you inevitably want to raise it up you’ll have what you need. I almost made the mistake of getting a 4” kit. But it was backordered at the time so my installer mentioned getting the 6” kit but keeping everything down like I described above. Glad I did because I eventually raised it up after getting bored.

These 1500s come with the ride height of a minivan....a 4” kit isn’t a lot.

That makes a lot of sense and I guess I didn't realize I could have the 6" kit and drop it if I wanted. That's really good advice and will now need to determine if I just go with the 6" basic or 6" coil-over kit. I'm just not really convinced that I really "need" the coil-over kit and it is almost $2,000 more.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That makes a lot of sense and I guess I didn't realize I could have the 6" kit and drop it if I wanted. That's really good advice and will now need to determine if I just go with the 6" basic or 6" coil-over kit. I'm just not really convinced that I really "need" the coil-over kit and it is almost $2,000 more.
Yeah I’m pretty sure I got about 5.25” suspension lift out of my kit before I adjusted the Bilstiens up to 2.8. It’s hard to tell bc I didn’t measure hun-to-fender so I’m left guessing exactly how much my tires added.

My kit has adjustability from ~5.25 up to just under 8” I’d say.

I think some of these trucks are a hair off/different from one another. So your exact heights could change some but you get the point that at least the 6” kit can give you that ability to go higher if you ever want.

OP
OP
P

Poker Cop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck looks great! How is the ride quality?
It’s not too bad. It was like driving on ice going from the lift shop to the alignment place, but not bad after that. I was told by several people that it can take a little while for the truck to settle in the new lift (no idea what that really means). A little stiffer ride than before but got used to it pretty quick.

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was gonna go with the 6" lift from the dealer, but they would only cover the drivetrain if I stopped at a 4". So I got a 4" BDS for now.
You could always add a 1.5" body lift then you are not effecting the drivetrain or the ride if you want to be higher .

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
rear end ratio? changed? what programming changes did you make to the tranny and/or speedo?

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
You could always add a 1.5" body lift then you are not effecting the drivetrain or the ride if you want to be higher .
Really thought about a body lift, but I am gonna wait till I can get the 6" done. I like the full suspension lifts better. It's all I ever had any of my other trucks over the years. Wife says she is good with doing it, so it is a waiting game now!

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice job, Truck looks good now just try a little brainstorming on something to make stand out from the crowd. Don’t ask me what, that’s a personal choice only you can make but think of what would really “set it off” why you bought it, why you like it, why you lifted it, add some function to the form my friend and you’ll be surprised what you come up with. I’m my 12 PW into an Overlander/Expedition rig, already fitted with Century cap, Thuren suspension products, 37x12.50x17 Milestar Patagonia on a series 51 Black Pro Comp Wheel, planning out the bed configuration for a removable sitting/sleeping and gear stowage. Ordered up some more lighting and and a front view camera. Took me awhile to decide the parameter’s but I’m digging it so far.

So if it’s anything you ever wanted to do I your truck do it my Brother and keep modding.