Shifting with no results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigeric22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010’
Engine
4.7 V8
So I was driving on I five in cruise control in my 2010 1500 4 x 4 4.7 L when all of a sudden I hit a bump after the bomb I had no gears no drive no reverse nothing I coasted over to the side of the freeway put it in park turn the truck off turned it back on tried to shift into drive and it just shifted and push on the gas in just RPMs revved up I had it towed to my house and I have no clue what it could be any ideas would be greatly great appreciated.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shift linkage popped off most likely. Climb underneath and find the lever on the side of the trans and I bet nothing is connected

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you have park and neutral only? All gears are neutral? Wonder if something inside the trans came apart.

OP
OP
B

Bigeric22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010’
Engine
4.7 V8
Ya it’s been to the damn dealership every 25,000 miles . And this time they say it’s past the 3 year 100,000 mile warranty . That’s ******** shouldn’t they honor their work .

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This is an accident, you can try comprehensive insurance if you have it, usually wont raise rates. If it is a Shifter linkage issue, maybe on inside, which isn't as big of deal as it sounds, you don't have to drop trans, just pan and valve body, all you need is torx bits. Drop filters and valve body, shifter linkage is on top of valve body. Do everything you can on top to make sure the issue is there. Good time to service rfe and put new filters and fluid in?

OP
OP
B

Bigeric22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010’
Engine
4.7 V8
Thanks for the replies and help . The tow truck just left with the truck otherwise I would be trying to check the shift linkage in the trans. Thanks again .