Should I get a new/refurbed steering box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyadc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
My current steering box has play in it. I am debating whether to buy a refurbed steering box to replace the one I have, or just adjust it with the top adjustment screw.

I have heard mixed reviews, that adjusting the top screw can cause steering box failure, so I'm just afraid of it breaking and me crashing into a tree lol. Is this true? I'm running 33's as well. Does this add stress to the steering box too?

Edit: I should state, I really just need this to be a reliable ride. I don't need it for off roading, but I'm using it to get to work in the snow in the winter. I need new tires, so I'm thinking about stepping down from the 285/75/16s and going with 265/75/16s, just so its easier on all of my suspension/steering components. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it just to continue running 33's(which the previous owner put on).